cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is your truck camper headed this summer?

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Its March 7th and we still have 3 feet of snow surrounding the truck camper. It looks like it going to be another month before the camper hits the truck. Heading to northern Ontario for a few days in April and then down to the east coast for a while during May.

With gas prices down this year I see Alaska is getting a lot of attention. Did that in 2012 so I don't think that's in my plans this year. Thinking maybe California?

Anyone want to share their plans?

Paul
85 REPLIES 85

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
dmaxpuller wrote:
Death Valley for a week in March.towing a pre-runner down, running all the trails that we can. Then back home, repack and hit Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, the head back home via the Eastern Sierras, but without towing another vehicle.
Should be fun!

Make sure you go to the Race Track!
I am thinking about going to Chaco Canyon for their program on the summer solstice.
and going back to Death VAlley for the 49 ers in Nov
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
AirVenture is awesome! I don't know if you've been there or not. Flying in can be stressfull I hear, but it's great fun to watch the planes come in.

Yes, it will be our first visit. That is why I am strongly considering the Truck Camper route this time.

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
AirVenture is awesome! I don't know if you've been there or not. Flying in can be stressfull I hear, but it's great fun to watch the planes come in.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning to go to AirVenture at Oshkosh, Wisconsin in July. We are either going to fly a Cessna 182, or drive in our TC. Since this will be our first time there, we will probably go in the TC.

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

dmaxpuller
Explorer
Explorer
Death Valley for a week in March.towing a pre-runner down, running all the trails that we can. Then back home, repack and hit Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, the head back home via the Eastern Sierras, but without towing another vehicle.
Should be fun!
Travel Blog
https://af996travels.wordpress.com/
05 DMAX 2500HD with lots of stuff
2013 AF 996
73 FJ40 Landcruiser
72 Honda Trail 70
05 Kawasaki 700 quad

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
hopefully Alaska, but it all depends on 'she who must be obeyed'.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably another fly fishing trip to Montana. Haven't narrowed it down beyond that yet.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Our first trip is mid April to Lake Guntersville in Alabama to catch some monster bass.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

james65450
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping for a couple boondocking fishing trips for rainbow trout. I have a couple of great lakes already scouted in our crownland we have here.

With any good luck, I will be taking the camper to Oshkosh, WI for airventure in july.
Vanguard P96T 9.5' on a 1997 F250HD 4x4 7.3

scoTTyO_
Explorer
Explorer
Branson Missouri this spring and Tobermory Ontario latter in fall

campen4walleye - dont forget to get your chicken dinner at Zehnder's

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
1mtnman wrote:
I'm heading to Kearney,Ne to see the Whooping Crane migration in a week. Will spend a few days there and hope our wonderful weather holds until I get back to Colorado.

Doing the same is on our wish list. We don't have to though, as we have a mated pair that return to our home every year. We have helped them raise a total of 5 babies in the past 4 years. They come into the yard and yell for us to feed them corn and lie in the shade of the house next to our living room window. They have us trained.

Have fun and if you see them, send our regards. We're waiting.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
This will be my 10th year to travel in my truck camper for about six months. I will take off in early May. I've been in every Western state (eleven in total), so far. I might try to hit every one again this year. Or, the Dakotas have been on my radar for the last couple of years, so I might visit them. Will probably make a couple of bluegrass festivals, also. I usually do 9K to 10K miles a year.

This year will get me to 100,000 total camper miles, or close to it. Hopefully, my nearly trouble free travels will continue for this year. Honk if you see my Ramblin' Ralph bumper sticker!
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
we've booked 12 long weekends and all of august off work.last year we camped all but 2 weekends from april to october and fished most of lower bc.plan to do it again this year.in aug. we're heading up to barkerville and then fishing dragon lake in quesnel, then west along the freedom hiway to horn lake for some really big fish.we plan to explore the chilcotin plateau over the next few years.right now its 17 deg.c. and we can't put the camper on untill we decide on the new one.i should be fishing right now.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

Crumm
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading for Alaska. Wait a minute I guess we are already here and man does that save a lot of gas on the getting here. Plan on making a loop from Fairbanks to Delta to Glenallen to Wasilla and back to Fairbanks hitting every off road trail in the UTV that we can find. Few weekends to the river and local wheeling places too.
2015 F350 SuperDuty, SC, LB Torklift hitch and tie-downs, LT285/75R18 Toyo AT II 4080@80psi
96' F350 PSD with smoke added, Airbags, Trailmaster SSV shocks, 315/75R16 Toyo M/T, Centering guides.
06' Adventurer 90FWS

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Technically, I don't have a truck camper but my Tiger is almost a truck camper. ๐Ÿ™‚ The Lord willing, I'll be Alaska bound around the end of May. Plan to go Alcan north and Cassiar return in early September.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8