cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv sites in Roswell/Carlsbad NM?

wanderone
Explorer
Explorer
We're passing through the area and want some recommendations to stay in both areas for a couple of nights each. We're pulling a TT 27'. Any suggestions?
thanks-
15 REPLIES 15

wanderone
Explorer
Explorer
These were all great suggestion. We tried to make reservations for Brantely SP but all booked up being that its close to Memorial Day. We're gonna try Bottomless SP near Roswell & a private campground just outside due east of Carlsbad (can't think of the name right now). Anyway, from there we're heading east hoping to go to Vicksburg near Jackson, Miss. depending on the weather. I'll be putting another message out looking for suggestions.
thanks-

beulahwareagle
Explorer
Explorer
Second for Brantley Lake....
Chris, Molley, Ryan
2003 Toyota 4Runner 4wd, wherever we want to go

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Trailer Village in Roswell (fine for a night - Roswell is fine for a day...!), and also at Brantley Lake after touring the caverns. Both were just fine with us. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Brantley Lake State Park in Febr. for 2 nights. It is a very nice park at a reasonable price.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you going to Carlsbad Caverns? We stayed at Brantley Lake State Park and it's an easy drive.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
We could not find any thing decent in/near Carlsbad. Stayed at the Calsbad KOA which is actually between Carlsbad and Artesia. Closest good RV park to the caverns though, which of course are on the opposite side of Carlsbad. Would stay there again if in area. You may occasionally get some odors from oil wells in the area, but not really objectionable.

x2 but one night we were there it was really stinky - stayed 7 days

It is 54 miles one way from the KOA to the caverns
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

PotKorn
Explorer
Explorer
For Roswell, we stayed at Bottomless Lakes State Park, as did others, and enjoyed it. The only issue was that we kept hearing what sounded like someone firing shotguns in the area. It turned out to be air cannons firing day and night to scare birds away from nearby orchards.

PotKorn
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago we spent one night at an RV "park" in White City, at the entrance to the Caverns. It was an absolute dump. I'd never stay there again or recommend it.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Trailer Village for overnight stops when passing through Roswell. Nice little park with nice owners close to town. No amenities or entertainment though.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
On a trip to California a few years ago, we decided to stop by for an afternoon tour of Carlsbad Caverns. We had both been there several times before, but just for old time's sake. . .

We decided to give the park in Carlsbad a try even though the reviews were not so good. After we were there I can understand the point of those reviews. It is not the greatest place we have ever stayed,

BUT . . . the convenience of the location was important to us in the context of our ininerary, and we didn't find it all that bad. In fact, I would probably choose to go back there just for the convenience of location.

Yes, the reviews were helpful. I was prepared to accept that there were some less desirable elements in the park, and therefore I was actually pleasantly surprised. Not that it was the greatest, but that it wasn't all that bad. Just one experience, as I always say, and just one opinion.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We could not find any thing decent in/near Carlsbad. Stayed at the Calsbad KOA which is actually between Carlsbad and Artesia. Closest good RV park to the caverns though, which of course are on the opposite side of Carlsbad. Would stay there again if in area. You may occasionally get some odors from oil wells in the area, but not really objectionable.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Carlsbad KOA is a few miles outside town but a very nice park. Extremely clean bathhouses, excellent customer service, even dinner delivered to your site if you make an order earlier in the day. If ever that way again I will certainly stay there again. Safe travels!!!
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to Bottonmless Lakes SP (go look at the lakes) and like it. Have not been to Brantley Lake SP in Carlsbad but heard very good things about it. STRONGLY suggest you do the caverns (at the least take the natural entrance and then take the elevator out). Don't forget the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens SP across from Branley Lake SP. When I visit Roswell, I stay at Town & Country RV Park as I have friends that stay there.

whistlebritches
Explorer
Explorer
Not a lot of selections there, especially in Carlsbad. The one we stayed in there wasn't very nice, gravel pads, with lots of sticktights, bad wi-fi and cable.