cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any suggestions for good eats in Cody,Wy?

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Cody for a few days at Ponderosa RV. Any suggestions for lunch/dinner? We like good food but on this trip prefer casual.
17 REPLIES 17

Lipets
Explorer
Explorer
ok, now to thro you guys off.....

Restaurant to go for vegetarian dishes?????????
Newmar 3933

newk
Explorer
Explorer
I'd second Fliposo's recommendation of Pahaska Teepee. And third the recommendation for the Irma. When vacationing in a place like Cody, WHERE you eat is more memorable than WHAT you eat. Hopefully. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ParkCountry
Explorer
Explorer
Bubba's BBQ for sure. Great food and reasonably priced, on the West side of town towards Walmart.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
The museum is fantastic!
The Chinese buffet a few blocks down the street isn't!
But after eating there, we realized there probably aren't going to be many Asian folks in a Western town?
The KOA was an OK place to stop. Nothing special, but they did have good pancake breakfasts.

Fliposo
Explorer
Explorer
If your going to Yellowstone, stop at Pahaska Teepee. Buffalo Bill's original guest ranch. If having breakfast order a Horse Blanket. Quite often there are Buffalo roaming the property.
Retired 2009
Campground Host Shoshone NF '10
Ranger Station Host Roosevelt NF, Red Feather Lakes Summer '11
Interpretive Guide Holswarth Homestead, Rocky Mountain Natl. Park '13,14,15
Snowbirding in Casa Grande since '11
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta '10

soren
Explorer
Explorer
can't beat tripadvisor.com for answering questions like this. A quick search comes up with thousands of reviews for seventy restaurants in and around Cody. In our travels, this site has been extremely helpful for finding everything from odd attractions, to interesting places to eat.

Wyomings
Explorer
Explorer
Proud cut saloon on the main drag, north side of street, blue awning over the door.

rarintogo
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we were there we ate at Zappatas and loved it. Don't know how it is now, but will for sure try it again next time we are there. They serve New Mexican style food.
Joe and Joy
'04 Winnebago Itasca Sunrise - 34D
W22 Workhorse, Banks Power Pack, Bilstein Shocks, Davis TruTrac,
Jeep Liberty Toad.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Took us three days for the museum and I know we didn't hit all of the exhibit halls.

When I was a kid we stopped in Cody and went to the museum.....it was a a small log cabin (across the street from current Historical Center)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the good suggestions. We plan to give each recommendation a try. Went to the Cody museum today- what an amazing place to visit and one day just isn't enough to see it all. We plan to return on Friday.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Irma had great breakfasts when we were there. It was Buffalo Bill Cody's Hotel and is cool as heck. Be sure to find an Indian Taco somewhere too.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
we like the Irma Hotel, too.
I've had the baby back ribs a couple times and it was great both times.
There's a shoot out on the street entertainment every evening.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Corky12
Explorer
Explorer
Irma Hotel. Decent food, cool atmosphere.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
At Ponderosa they have a wealth of information in the office. Just go in and ask!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew