cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar harbor

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas to all. Can anyone recommend a good camp ground in/around bar harbor. Thank you in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Bar Harbor Oceanfront KOA. Worth every penny.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

turtle58
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Narrows Two a few years back. Great view and nice pool. Not far from town would stay again.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of years ago now, we spent 2 weeks at Bar Harbor Oceanfront KOA. We had a waterfront site, which was easily the most beautiful and picturesque site we've ever occupied. And the most expensive @ $95/nt back then (no sewer hookups on waterfront sites).

Every night in the center of the CG, a guy comes in and cooks up lobsters and corn on the cob for sale. Decently priced and totally awesome! You can rent kayaks and paddle the area, which is well protected.

The CG is a short ride to Acadia or the town of Bar Harbor. The non-waterfront sites are nothing to get excited about, so if the price of those turns you off, look elsewhere......
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

John_Bridge
Explorer
Explorer
Me too. Bar Harbor Campground, but do not try eating a whole lobster. Man, what a mess. ๐Ÿ™‚
Semi-"retarred" in 2006. ๐Ÿ™‚ 2008 Newmar Cypress 5th wheel, 2008 Dodge diesel dually to pull it with.

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We like the Bar Harbor Campground also. We've also stayed at the KOA and it's also good, but we like the Bar Harbor Campground better.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

motorcycle_jack
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed at Patton Pond RV Resort a couple of times. Big rig friendly and they have their own lobster pound - will cook them at no charge for you, love that. You tell them you want two at 5:30 and you walk up and lick up two hot lobsters at 5:30.
John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I'm also a fan of Bar Harbor Camoground for the location - ideal if you are there to spend time in the NP. I was worried about getting a site but it's a big place. You can have a cooked lobster dinner delivered to your campsite (as is true for many CGs in Maine.)

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
Also stayed at Narrows Too. Great view if you can get a waterfront site!

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Bar Harbor Campground on the left just before the entrance to Acadia National Park. Big sites, paved roads, quiet, clean bath rooms, and friendly staff. Cash / checks only, no credit cards. No reservations. Drive in and check in at the office. They give you a map and you go pick out a site that is not being used. Set up, then go back to the office and pay for your stay. Stay six nights and the seventh night is free. Great place to stay and within walking distance to the Bar Harbor ice cream bar. Enjoy.

Lakeside

Infinityrver
Explorer
Explorer
Narrows Too is a nice big rig friendly and wide open campground. I believe they take reservations. There is also, a KOA not far from there they do not take reservations. These both are on the out skirts of town of Bar Harbor. There are shuttles that stop at just about all campgrounds in the area. You can get into town from these shuttles and take exursions or other shuttles to take you around to the sites. Afterwards catch a shuttle back to the campground. Very convenient.
'12 Infinity 3850RL
'11 Ford F350 FX4 Diesel

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Above are all good suggestions....but goldanggit -- don't forget to eat some authentic Maine lobsters!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ray

MainerBob
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to have dinner at the BBQ restaurant at the Atlantic Brewing Company. It's on the island, look it up. And be sure to have a Coal Porter. Merry Christmas.

Bob
2007 Keystone Everest 293P, 32'
2006 Silvarado 2500HD Duramax, SRW, CC, Short Bed, 4x4
Sidewinder,16K Draw-Tite Slider
Chloe, Standard Poodle
Charlie, Tibetan Terrier

Red-Rover
Explorer
Explorer
Two years ago we spent two nights at a nice RV park located at the South end of an airstrip. Arrived on a Sunday evening and I have never seen so many private aircraft together at one time. Turboprops and Jets lined up to carry their owners home to other East coast destinations after a week end vacation I suppose. Nice destination!
2014 Cougar 313RLI
2017 F250, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab, Short Bed

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Bar Harbor Campground a few years ago. No complaints. Quite large and close to town but they don't accept reservations.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS