Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Columbus Ohio

We're looking for a campground in Columbus, Ohio as a stopping point to visit COSI and the Columbus zoo next summer. We'll have 14, 12, and 8 year old kids with us. Anything you'd recommend nearby with pools/waterslides, and lots of commotion for the...

Big Bend NP Texas

Hello everyone,We are presently in Austin, TX and on our way west through El Paso to Southern, CA. We want to make a side trip to Big Bend National Park and have two questions. We plan to come into the park from the north and exit the park on the wes...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

St Augustine North Beach Campground post Matthew

I know it's early but I wonder if North Beach Campground in St. Augustine was swept away by the hurricane? I have very fond memories of spending a wonderful 2 weeks there and we were very much considering going back there in March 2017. It is saddeni...

gitane59 by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Chea State Park (ala) - good sites?

Anyone have a recommendation on which camp sites have the best view and most privacy at Chea State Park?With my track record, if I just pick one on the map I will end up between the garbage dumpster and the sewer pumping station.We have a travel trai...

Navajo Nation Attractions

We are planning on possibly staying at the Goulding Campground within the Navajo Nation in summer of 2017, for three nights/three days.** Plan Change *** -- Adding in a couple more nights near Mesa Verde.I have found the below attractions and was won...

Hurricane Matthew/Myrtle Beach

Does anybody know how the Myrtle Beach area fared during Matthew? Lots of press on NC but very little on the news about South Carolina. We had planned a mid-winter escape for early 2017.......:E

Indian point Branson Mo.

Has anyone camped at Indian Point COE this year? If so my question is, how are the shower houses. The last two years the cleaning was terrible.With no sewer hook ups they are very important. Thanks for your help.

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hunting Island State Park Site 157

Anyone ever stayed on this site? I have reservations for this site in a few weeks, however, when I made the reservation, this was one of 3 sites left. I have looked at the site pics and still cannot determine much regarding how rig can be situated o...

RV Camping Inside Yellowstone

Planning a Yellowstone trip for 2017. We are going to stay in the Teton's the first part of the week, then go into Yellowstone for the 2nd. I would like to stay in the park, and avoid Fishing Bridge because I don't need FHU, and I would like a litt...

Pay Showers in Yellowstone

We are dry camping in Yellowstone next year and won't be able to shower.... I thought I had seen somewhere that they had pay showers in the park somewhere. Anyone know about this?

Brown County Indiana Recommendations?

Wifee has now put this on her list to check out. Does anyone have experience with this area that they would be willing to share? Campgrounds, things to do, places to go? Thanks.

Mattyd by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabo's San Lucas/Rv from Can to Diego then fly?

any thought about a plan that would involve pulling fifth from Saskatoon to Barago Springs and while there flying from San Diego to Cabo's San Lucas for a few days. Are there such flights available?Can we do this with five weeks to complete trip?

Atlanta GA then to Florida

Mid April 2017, I'm attending a mid downtown Atlanta conference near Piedmont Park. I was thinking of driving our truck camper down from Canada (towing a cargo trailer with our maxi-scooters), staying at a camping facility reasonably nearby (30 minu...

Rogers, Arkansas campground

Planning to go to War Eagle Mill and Crystal Bridges in Bentonville. So many cg to choose from. Any advice? We can do with just electric. Looked at Horseshoe Bend COE ??? We are 32 ft long.