Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need overnight campground in Denver

We will be going through Denver this coming weekend. Coming from Moab on I 70, then picking up I 76 coming out of Denver. Looking for a decent campground for an overnight. Using the Good Sam app to search I see 2 Camping Worlds listed and a KOA on t...

Palms

Has anyone stayed at the Palms RV park this past winter?

jpcp3844 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Gem in hiding near Mobile, Alabama

Found a FANTASTIC little park near Mobile, Alabama. New RV park just a few minutes off of I-10, maybe 20 minutes from downtown Mobile and the Gulf and Dauhpin Island. Excellent level sites, 50A full hookups, suitable for big rigs (45 ft). Very friend...

Downtown Atlanta GA - RV Friendly??

The last week in July, DW & I are traveling across country for a 3 day family reunion to be held in Atlanta, GA. The festivities will be hosted at the Downtown Sheraton Hotel. Somewhat the congested area as we understand. ASIDE from arranging for ...

aeejbe by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Harris beach State Park – Brookings OR.

We will have been at this park for almost a week and have enjoyed it very much. Situated atop a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and one of the more beautiful parts of the coast here and just on the northern edge of the quite pleasant little town ...

Moab Archview vs Moab Valley campground

We will be camping with family. They will need a camping cabin or motel. They prefer to have a fridge and bath. We want 50 amp FHU fro our 33' fiver. Which is best to meet both our needs and why? Thanks for your feedback! It looks like they are rig...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Green Bay Packers

We are going out to the mid-west to pickup our new AF990 and would like to catch a GB Packers game. Has anyone done this while RVing, where did you stay and how did you get to and from the game since Lambau Field doesn't allow RV parking?

GeoBoy by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Elkmont CG in SMNP

My wife and I will be staying 5 days at the Elkmont Campground in the smokies during the second week of August. No water, elec, or sewer. Do not want to haul a full load of water from Birmingham AL. Does anyone know of a good place to fill up with ...

fowl8717 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

"The Villages" type rv resort?

DW was asking if there was any place in Arizona or Texas like it. She was in FL recently and visited that massive retirement area, wondering if there was such a spot for RVers? Carl

Cloud_9 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer trip to Philadelphia, PA...where to stay?

My husband will be working temporarily out of the Philly airport this summer. We're thinking about taking the camper up rather than having him do a short term lease on an apartment. It would allow me and the kids (5&9) to go up to visit, as well as...

4fromOH by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Rocky Mountain National Park

We are planning to visit RMNP in late June and I can see that most of the campgrounds are already booked (well, the weekends at least). It really is popular!We currently don't have a RV yet, so this will be a simple tent/car camping and our main focu...

Acei by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Pass Port America Pros and Cons (IMHO)

Price wise you can't go wrong. Even if you don't use it, it only cost you .12 cents a day. If you use it twice, you have your $44.00 back. It has its draw backs. Some campgrounds in the north are off limits to Pass Port members July and August. Some ...