Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Belden Hill Campground -- near Binghamton NY

In October we will be heading to the Shelburne Camping Area in Vermont but will be "Over nighting" at the Belden Hill Campground in Binghamton, NY.I would appreciate any input from those who have stayed there. We do have a big rig (41 ft)Thanks bigd...

Where are you headed in 2016?

I'm already thinking we need to try to squeeze in a few more trips for the year, most likely they'll be local. Our vacation time is limited and we do have 2 non-camper trips for the year already. Port Huron, MI. KOABurt Lake State Park, MI.Silver Lak...

How long to stay for Grand Canyon first time?

Going to the South rim of Grand Canyon the first week of May. We have to stay in Williams since Trailer Village is full. Just wondering how many days wee need to stay for our first trip. Doubt if we will be able to do much where reservations are requ...

Baxter State Park Maine Big Rig Friendly RV Park?

Hi, I am trying to find a big rig friendly RV Park outside of Baxter State Park in Maine. I know there is Katahdin Shadows, but it gets mixed reviews on how tight it is to maneuver around inside the park. All thoughts and opinions appreciated. Tha...

Louisiana State Parks

Our new Governor is determined to cause havoc in the state. In the newspaper today was a list of state parks and historical areas that will probably be closed. The budget will no longer allow them all to be opened.

Destin Fl. To Huntsville al.

We will be leaving Henderson Beach State Park in Destin on a Monday and driving to Huntsville, which route have some of you taken. Thanks a lot for your help. We always come down through Mississippi but want to visit our Granddaughter in Huntsville.

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Days for Yosemite in Oct?

We are seniors who would be interested in a couple of shorter trails and seeing the loop to Yosemite Village. What are we missing? I'm afraid it will be cold... Snow? How many days should we consider. We will likely stay at Midpones. Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Moab campgrounds?

I've been reviewing various campgrounds and have not found any winners for a FHU 50 amp site with easy access. Portal won't rent to fivers over 5 years old on the side with the pool. We have kids coming to visit who MAY want a camping cabin or simil...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Skagit Tulip Festival

April is tulip month in the Skagit Valley. My birthday is in early April and through the years my birthday gift to myself has been to go see them. Used to be I'd drive around the farm roads, park along the road, and walk around and enjoy the scenery....

jamesu by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Diamond Lake, Oregon

We are making a trip to the Crater Lake area a week or so after Labor Day and looked at making the Diamond Lake campground our base. From what I understand, the campground is first come first serve after Labor Day. Is this still a Forest Service ca...

Unicoi State Park, Helen GA

Just received an email saying they have a new section of cabins for groups. Here's the link http://www.unicoilodge.com/accomodations/adventure-camp/

Outer Banks

Hi were thinking about going to the outerbanks NC this august has anyone been to the KOA?http://koa.com/campgrounds/cape-hatteras/The good? the bad? Well be heading there from ma and hope to make it in one trip without stopping over night.thanks,

1jeep by Explorer II
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes