Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Upper Peninsula-Michigan

Currently in Green Bay WI. heading to Munising MI to see Picture Rock. (Where to stay in that area?) Then heading down 94 to Manistique. (what to see in that area and stay?) Then heading East on 2 arriving into the Mackinaw Island area. (where to ...

teeznu by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

River Valley Campground in Cherokee, NC

We've decided to take a quick trip to Cherokee. Called River Valley and since last minute couldn't get reservations but was assured they would have availability for full hook up when we get there. Have any of you stayed there or suggestions for other...

Good location on Oregon coast for a week's stay?

Heading back up the Or. coast in 2nd half of Sept. and want to spend about a week in one CG. What would be a good area to stay in with maybe more things to see and do? Will be spending a day or two around Seaside and am thinking farther to the sout...

Trip report: boondocking in Sonora Pass in a trailer

We just got back from ten days in the Sonora Pass area of Northern California. Despite the 26% (!!) grade and the hairpin turns, we had no trouble going either up or down, and we were also able to tow the trailer (very slowly) over the rough forest ...

Glacier National Park mid September

It's been over 5 years since we visited Glacier National Park and when we went, it was early September. This time we plan to go mid September so I'm looking for feedback on the weather for that time of year and if it's any different than early Septem...

ReneeG by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Park model rental info

Hi,My husband no longer wants to tow our camper. I really enjoy the fun of snowbirding at rv parks over a condo. I was wondering if anyone has any info pretaining to renting a park model at a rv park preferably in central to south Florida, Jan.to ...

wanda573 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

loops closed at Hunting Island?

I've been looking at making reservations at HI during the winter months and have noticed that everything in loop 4 and higher has an "x" in it...meaning not reservable. I saw that they are updating some of the bath houses. Just wondering if anyone ...

Rapid City / Ellsworth AFB area RV Parks?

Any tips for full hookup sites in the Rapid City SD area? I'll be headed to Rapid City SD for their airshow coming up Aug 15&16. So for this trip, closer to the Air Force base would be better. I'm not a veteran so the on-base CG is not an option. I'm...

pdlarson by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

RV PARKS IN OR NEAR NEW ORLEANS

Good afternoon everyone. I have never been to New Orleans. Now I will be going for sure. Early Nov. one of my grand daughters has decided to get married in New Orleans. French Quarter. Her plans started out to be a vacation and now its a wedding. Rea...

Suggestions for camping near St Louis

We are attending a conference October 2 - 4 in St Louis, Missouri. It will be at the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel at 191 Westport Plaza. Any suggestions of RV parks/campgrounds in the area? Any areas that we should not stay in? We have a 40 ft cla...