Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Park Campground - Rapid City, SD

We are considering staying here during summer vacation this year and was hoping to get some feedback. We will be in our 5th wheel, son & DNL in his TT, with daughter, SNL & Grandloves in one of the cabins. Seems to be a nice place!Anyone stay there...

dfrost by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lassen & Redwoods Advise

Howdy,I'm new here, but have signed up due to great results using other types of forums to get my questions answered.I plan to be trailering a 18 ft travel trailer through Lassen and the Redwoods with my family this summer. My wife and I have been to...

mtnbbud by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground with cabins in the Okanagan?

We are hoping to meet with some of our Canadian friends up in the Okanagan region late this summer. They no longer camp, but would be agreeable to a cabin in a campground, as long as it had a bathroom in it. Are there any places like this that peop...

suggestions

Any one have any suggestions of places to stay in Hot Springs AR and Branson MO area? Maybe past stays, etc...Thanks

Report : Imperial Dam LTVA, Near Yuma, AZ

I just finished a rather extensive report on the BLM's Imperial Dam Long Term Visitor Area near Yuma, AZ. Plus, I've written no fewer than three other blog posts about what this fascinating place is like. There are lots of pictures to go with the rep...

Minnesota Trip

Planning a trip to central and northern Minnesota this summer. Would like suggestions on RV parks for families.Appreciate your response.

paparry by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip Out West

I am trying to break up the winter boredom by starting to do some early planning for our summer 2016 trip. I am looking at a East to West trip. I would be starting in Canada near Detroit. I would probably take Route66/I40 down and take I80 back. ...

Looking for Rockport Tx area rv park recommendations

Hi guysFor the past 4 -5 yrs we have been wintering in Gulf Shores Al but now want to go to the Rockport TX area next WinterOur hobbies while camping are fishing , biking and playing acoustic guitarsWe camp in a 33' 5th We would appreciate your input...

Thousand Trails, Verde Valley, AZ (Cottonwood) ?

Planning a short weekend trip to Thousand Trails in Verde Valley, AZ near Cottonwood. I understand its a first come first serve park. Any help in which sections are easier to find a good level spot, possibly pull thru, easy in/out or any other tips...

Grand Teton or Glacier

We've got our plans set to drive out to Yellowstone next September, starting labor day weekend. We're going to do a circle from eastern Oregon, down into Southern Idaho and Wyoming and then up through the park and back through Montana. We have a co...

kfrost72 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Dispersed camping, Hite Utah

Does anyone know where this camping area is along Lake Powell? I'm thinking it is an old photograph. The water there is so low now, maybe it doesn't exist any more, or at least is no longer on the water?clickyI've looked around in Google Earth but ca...

palm springs CA area

this winter we will be in san diego and thought we could pop over to palm springs area.we are looking for quiet and wide sites would be nice with full hookups.maybe as a destination for the winters.we do not golf.suggestions anyone?thanks all

anon125 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes