Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Where to go in the Far West for a week in early May?

We have the second week of May free, and we want to do some boondocking in a really remote area. (You know what I mean -- nobody around for miles, silent, empty.) Of course, my first thought was Utah, but there is a full moon that would ruin the s...

Next winter in AZ : recommendations

What do you recommend for an RV Park in the general Tucson area? We could consider anything from Benson to Casa Grande. We have been to Desert Trails before and might try it again. We would like elbow room at the site, good WiFi, actvities, conveni...

bedell by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cape Coral, FL area RV parks

We will be in the area this summer, June/July visiting family. Looking for a place to stay while we are there. Does not have to be a "resort" and we don't have little ones with us. as for pets, 1 cat.Any suggestions?

Cloud_9 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to camping/RVing?

I grew camping/RVing with my parents. Tent camping was too extreme as my Mom didn't want to sleep on the ground and there was always a fear of bears(whether it was rational or not). In the 60's and early 70's we had an Avion camper. In 1973 Dad brou...

rfinisd by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Park Reviews

Just noticed that RV Park Reviews has now added markers to their maps so that you can see the physical location of rv parks. I think this is a great feature and although this has been available on the Trailer Life RV Parks book, it is great to have a...

Glacier National Park

Considering a first visit to GNP in September. Staying in West Glacier area. The other couple are unable to hike, except for very short distance. One thing I know I want to do is a Red bus tour, just not sure which one. Suggestions on other possible ...

Campground Near Magee Marsh Ohio

We want to visit Magee Marsh ( just east of Toledo ) A Search on Woodalls iPhone app doesn't show anything nearby, other than s State Park west of there near Toledo.Does anyone know of CG in this area ?

RPI parks in California

We will be heading north in California either up the beach, or maybe I5. We belong to RPI and are wondering which parks are nice to stay at in California?

DC_MC by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL

We are becoming full-timers in June, and I think our first stop is going to be Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL because it's located near my cousin and her family. Just looking for reviews. On their website it didn't list 'Laundry Facility'. I called...

Verizon Broadband Coverage in Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

I haven't been to Joshua in a few years and I'm planning on going soon. I'm wondering if any new cell towers have been added nearby and the signals reach some of the campgrounds. I'm planning on camping on the south side of the park, but I'm willing ...

Beechnut Campground MT Airy NC.

Has anyone stayed here? RVPR has no listing for them. I thought I remembered reading some last year, but I guess not! Anyone have anyone input on the place?

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Yosemite at last

We finally took a trip to Yosemite. I have had reservations for a while, in Upper Pines CG. From L.A. County on the 5, over the Grapevine, and stopped at Pyramid Lake for a look at that plus the little museum.It was a long drive up to the 99, and s...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Info for snowbirds

A Few years ago, my wife and I moved into a retirement development on Florida 's southeast coast. We are living in the "Delray/Boca/Boynton Golf, Spa, Bath and Tennis Club on Lake Fake-a-Hachee". There are 3,000 lakes in Florida ; only three are real...

Sea Rim

Anyone been to Sea Rim State Park in Texas lately? Can you drive onto the beach and dry camp? Last time I was there three years ago they had cleaned up from Hurricane Ike but there were no facilities rebuilt. Planning a weekend there in a couple of ...

krnmsn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes