Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Looking for suggestions on our 14 day trip to the southeast

We will be leaving later this week on a 14 day trip starting north of Minneapolis with the final destination being Savannah GA. We will be pulling our 43' toy hauler. No toys except for bicycles.I plan on leaving Friday the 7th for Cave City KY and w...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Michigan Entrance fees non-resident

Boy, what a confusing mess! Every Michigan site I go to gives me a different answer. First off what's the difference between the entrance pass & a recreation pass? I can't use a recreation pass to enter a state park? Non-resident entrance pass is any...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The Ark

We are thinking about going to see The Ark in Williamstown KY. For those that have been there, where should we look to camp at, and how much time should we allow for the visit?

Rant: recreation.gov

After 3 years of attempting to get reservations at recreation.gov, they piss me off. First let me say this is a .gov web page, but it's run by Booze Allen and their sub-contractors. This year after getting a REALLY hard to get spot which I was shut...

cptqueeg by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Go North or West that is the question

My wife and I are in a quandary. The best quandary we could possibly be in. Retired teachers now, we get to travel in the fall rather than the summer. We love the West, Utah, Colorado, Montana with Glacier being our mecca, but we haven't been to Main...

Montreal?

Confused looking for the best RV park with FHU, 50 amp pull throughs. 60’ overall. From what I’ve found, it looks like the KOA is too noisy. We are 2 older adults. Don’t use the pool etc. we just want to visit for a few days. How many days woul...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Our next themed roadtrips

We've decided on our next themed roadtrips for 2024: Westerns.First up we're going to start out with the First Contact Day in Bozeman, MT. After all Gene Roddenberry said Star Trek was the Wagon Train to the stars.Next trip will be the greatest durat...

Belle Fourche River Campground - Devils Tower Wyoming

Tomorrow our family heads out on a week-long trip, and one of the stops will be at Belle Fourche River Campground which is part of Devils Tower National Monument. There are 46 sites, all first-come first-served, but I recently learned that Loop B is ...

Charleston SC

This isn’t a camping question but I wasn’t sure where I should post this. My wife wants to go to Charleston SC next May for here birthday but not to camp. I was wondering if anyone has been there and where would be a good place to stay and be in walk...

NYC suggestions

Hello All- This is a strange one for me as we typically like to camp rural, but for this particular trip I am considering bringing our travel trailer out to long island. Long story short, we will be camping in NE PA in the pocono's and then have a ...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2023 Apple Crop "Pick-your-own" season

Due to the extreme cold in February plus the late frost in May, apple farms are reporting 50-100% crop losses for the year. Due to this many are cancelling "pick-your-own" activities for this fall. The majority of what are called "stone fruits" suc...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Indian Boundary

Anyone stay at Indian Boundary Campground in Tennessee? It looks nice.How are the roads getting there. We heading down 81 from Pa to 40 to 75.

Mayor30 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ft Mountain Campground ,Georgia

Have any of you stayed at Ft Mountain State Park campground.Looking to make it a an overnight stop on our way from Pa,to FDR State Park end of September.If there's something else you'd suggest in the area we'd be open to that too. We'll be taking 81 ...

Mayor30 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes