Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New RV Park in Post Falls ID

Post Falls RV Campground. On the far west end of Post Falls off of Beck Road/W Pointe Parkway, next to Cabela's. postfallsrvcampground.com ... will probably need the http thingy added to it.Probably a year old. All sites look to be completed. Still u...

Ideas on selling Thousand Trails membership

We bought a Thousand Trails national membership 3 yrs ago or so. We aren't traveling as much as we were and would like to sell the membership. I know posting anything for sale here is not allowed, but would like any input on platforms that would be g...

Suggestions

We love the Smoky Mountains, but have done Pigion Forge and Gatlinburg to death. We’re planning a trip to Ashville for next year. We are in western Kentucky, knowing that Pigion Forge is about 5-5 1/2 hr drive where else do y’all suggest we go? We ...

Yosemite National Park campgrounds

Planning on visiting Yosemite in early August. If we can't get reservations in any of the parks campgrounds can anyone suggest alternative campgrounds. Thanks Tara

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge fall camping?

Looking for feedback from others about the best time to take our RV down to the Smokies and camp for a week or two. Last time we visited was the summer of 2019 and the weather was at least 90% humidity with 95 degree temps EVERY day. We love the ar...

Quadcab by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida State Park Reservation window changes

The Governor has approved HB 109, this bill allows Florida residents to reserve state park campsites 11 months in advance, non- residents 10 months. It goes into effect Jan 1, 2024.

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Cades Cove Campground in a 40ft 5th Wheel?

Hi All! I have a site booked at Cades Cove Smoky Mountain National Park across from the camp store (section A) that says it can handle a 40ft RV but only a 35ft trailer. My 5th wheel is 40ft. Anyone camp at Cades Cove generator area in a 40ft-ish 5th...

35GB plan for US & Canada - $5/mo(paid yearly)

Just saw this company US Mobile announce an annual US & Canada data plan for $65. It gives 35Gb data for a year for $60. Not to be confused with their domestic US plans — you have to use their "Global by US Mobile" app to get the data. Not a bad deal...

Best campground in Colorado

do you want to see a very nice campground in Colorado on the river with full hookup? Check Priest Gulch near Rico Colorado.

buc1980 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Plantersville, TX - Old Wagon Trail RV Park

The park is REALLY nice, but the owners are even nicer! I've been in many RV parks in my life and how you remember the park is always a direct reflection of the owners. My wife and I have been here for just over a month and really don't want to go an...

LMSG30 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas Hill Country

Recommendations for your favorite campgrounds in this area? We generally prefer State Parks, county parks, COE campgrounds. We like some hiking, wildlife viewing, scenic drives, looking at water, a bit of kayaking and maybe bicycling. Historic sites ...

Yosemite campsites available right now - short notice

Yosemite campsites available right now if you can go on short notice.Yosemite was closed due to flooding. All campsite reservations in Yosemite Valley were cancelled.The remaining portions were released Sunday morning and most people don't know that ...

AT&T at Manatee Springs State park

Manatee State Park in Chiefland Florida. I see a lot of reviews saying poor to no cell service there but they don't mention what carrier. Can anyone comment on Verizon and AT&T cell service there?

garysol by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

CG's along the Gap Trail

Planning a trip this year to bike the length of the Gap trail that connects Pittsburgh PA to Cumberland MD. While there are a lot of primitive CG's and B&B's I am having difficulty finding RV capable CG's. Has anyone made this ride and camped in your...

way2roll by Nomad III
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes