cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite COE park in your state

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at my Camping with COE book and noticed a park marked that we've never been too so I'm sure I marked it from a recommendation from someone on this forum. This got me to thinking..why not share our favorite COE parks in our home states?? Plese share your's and why it the favorite.

I'll start with Sanders Cove on Pat Mayse Lake. It has pine trees, sites are roomy, and has good fishing (we're told anyway as we're not fishermen). I know once we were there and there was a fishing tournament was going on...That's the only negative we've had about it...The roar of boat motors early in the morning wasn't too enjoyable, but it didn't last long.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
96 REPLIES 96

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Well, may have been too much talk about Winhall Brook... now wife and I are thinking about heading up there this summer.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe nobody has named my favorite Georgia COE :S

McKinney COE is on Lake Allatoona, about 40 min northwest of Atlanta, up I-75. It's a large campground with over 150 wooded sites. Many sites are right on the water, but there are also sites that are back in the woods. There's a boat ramp and two swimming areas. There is a small collection of sites on the lake that are non-reserveable, so if you get there early you can snag one. But not on a summer weekend, LOL.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
VT Skier wrote:
Mountain Mama wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
I have Winhall Brook booked for VT this coming August, looking forward to my first trip up there! :C

Mike

Give us a report when you get back!
c

Camp there all the time horrible not good stay away........At least don't let anyone else in on this place:W

:B I got good word from someone that this is a great place to camp! :B

Mike

When you are there take a drive over to Jamaica state park you may like it there as well for future reference.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
VT Skier wrote:
Mountain Mama wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
I have Winhall Brook booked for VT this coming August, looking forward to my first trip up there! :C

Mike

c

Camp there all the time horrible not good stay away........At least don't let anyone else in on this place:W

:B I got good word from someone that this is a great place to camp! :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain Mama wrote:
mdcamping wrote:

Mike

c

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is also Wallace Creek on Enid Lake in N. MS - We stop at that one when traveling north/south. Checked out Persimmon Hill which is also nice, but we were told, more families with children at that one. Smaller campground though which is nice.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
wvcampers wrote:
We stay at Bulltown Camp 2 or 3 times each camping season. Very clean and well cared for. They are usually wanting campground hosts if anyone is looking. They have a designated area for the Hosts to camp and it is not with the rest of the campers.

In what state is this park?

wvcampers
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Bulltown Camp 2 or 3 times each camping season. Very clean and well cared for. They are usually wanting campground hosts if anyone is looking. They have a designated area for the Hosts to camp and it is not with the rest of the campers.
2017 F350 6.7 CC Lariat DRW
2018 Cardinal Luxury Edition 3250 RLX

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:

Mike

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody else want to share?

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Two of my favorites are Issac Creek and Millers Ferry both in Alabama. Both are a fisherman paradise. It has been awhile since we have been to Millers Ferry but just last Spril went to Issac Creek very nice and shady campground. Alot of the sites are either on Issac Creek itself with some on the Alabama River. The sites on the creek have small docks which you can tie your boat up to.

RamCougar
Explorer
Explorer
COE Charbonneau Park just outside of Tri-Cities Washington on the Lower Snake River (Lake Sacajawea).
2003 Ram CTD QC LB 4x2 MT, LuK 13", 4:10LS, GDP Fuel Boss, SmartyJr#2, Bilsteins, Lil'Rocker, Prodigy, Tireminder, Garmin, SoundflySD.
2012 COUGAR 280BHSWE, GY Endurance, PI EMS, Wave3, Glow Steps, EU2000i on propane, EasyStart 364, Wally-Playmaker

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
TenOC wrote:
A picture says it all -- In AL any on the Tom-Bigbee Waterway.

This one has been on my list, to do some winter.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Dixiecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Very blessed in Mississippi to have lots of COE campgrounds - too many to pick a favorite. Here are a few near us:

South Abutment campground at Arkabutla Lake

Blue Bluff campground in Aberdeen

Hernando Point at Arkabutla Lake

Persimmon Hill at Enid Lake
Read about the places we have camped (mostly in the Mid-South US):
We Would Rather Be Camping