cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Site 46 Cove Creek RV Resort, Sevierville, TN Smoky Mountains

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Site 73 at Camp Hatteras OBX.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Testing posting photos on the site. This is Mesa Verde National Park's campground, August 2011 - one of the limited number of sites that has electric hookup.

mike4330
Explorer
Explorer

Natural Chimneys Regional Park. Mt. Solon, VA
Full Hookups $23/night

Little muddy and sparse, parking on an open field arrangement. Nice playground, and the chimneys are fun and educational.

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
General Butler State Resort Park

2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Site 68 in the Raccoon Holler campground in Glendale Springs, NC, right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We're not backed all the way into teh site, so the gravel pad is longer than it shows. Wide pad with water and electric. Shade.

Site 81, Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina. This site is "U" shaped. If a couple of trees were removed it would make a great pull-thru. As is, a small camper or tent is better suited. I came the wrong way down a one-way street to get in at this angle to face the beach. There is no pad, and actually two places a camper or RV can park. One may be long enough to back a trailer of a little more length into and park the TV in the other one. Water and electric. Bath house only steps away.

Street side of our camper

Beach side of our campsite

Bath house and beach

You can see the water connection here. The way I parked, it was in front, but that was handy. The fire pit is on a little hill.

McKinney Campground, COE, on Lake Allatoona in GA. Site 41, a pull-thru. Water and electric. Long pad and wonderful deck. Beach is two sites down.

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike4330 wrote:

Site C3 Sherando Lake Recreation Area, George Washington National Forest, VA
Sherando is one of our favorite CG's, we love it there.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

mike4330
Explorer
Explorer

McClintic Point Primitive Campground on Lake Moomaw, VA . About as far in the middle of nowhere as it comes in Virginia.

This was our first boondocking experience; went well thanks to much reading here on the forums.

mike4330
Explorer
Explorer

Site C3 Sherando Lake Recreation Area, George Washington National Forest, VA

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
Site 52 at Townsend TN KOA

2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

ExpySSV
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at the Holland, MI State Park for our first outing this year. We stayed at the beach campground in site 384. Width was great on the site, length not so much.

Luckily the park was nearly empty, but it would have been pretty tight with neighbors on either side.

2003 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10
1992 Prowler 26'
2001 Montana 30'

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
jefftowell - nice campsite, like having your own resort.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

jefftowell
Explorer
Explorer

Campsite #47 at Village Creek State Park in Wynne, Arkansas. This campsite is on Lake Dunn. The lake is behind us, down the hill. We camped next to the beach area. Arkansas's 2nd largest state park. It has 2 fishing lakes and 96 campsites. Very clean bathhouses. You can find it online at www.arkansasstateparks.com
Jeff Towell

2006 Kodiak 160

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
Last Year we stayed at PA Grand Canyon Leonard Harrison State Park.

Here is a view of the PA Grand Canyon

Sunset over the PA Grand Canyon

Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much

Magblue10
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing pics everyone. Too bad I didnt have a piece of paper after 3 days of looking at these beautiful pics I could of wrote some great spots down but there could be worse things than having to go back over all these pics. Maybe someday I will learn how to post a pic. If anyone wants to help me with that please do.