cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where you going this Winter?

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Yup we are already thinking about joining our friends down at our Winter digs and it's really not to early to think about it. With that we are still getting out camping locally with friends over the Summer and enjoying times with friends here in Reno.

After traveling years in the SW we have settled into the Casa Grande, AZ area and now about 11 miles South on I-10 in Eloy, AZ in particular.

We'll be at the Silverado RV Resort again this Winter.

The area has so much history, like alot of the SW, and plenty to do. Casa Grande has many of the big box stores, good restaurants (many ethnic), great grocery stores and the list goes on and on.

Winter climate? Tough to beat...and no bugs!! Day time temps high 60's to mid 70's (last year we had temps in the 80's in January). Night time high 30's to mid 40's and have never froze up. Here is a Trip Journal entry from January 2016.

Our Trip Journal has the 'skinny' on our travels.

Safe travels everyone!!
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel
103 REPLIES 103

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Tucson and Mesa AZ via LA, TX, and NM, leaving right after Xmas and returning early March. I know, too early returning, but I can't keep my wife away from the grandkids too long.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I'll mostly just be heading to work every day this winter. Have to pay for the toys some way. I'll probably break out the trailer for the first time the first week of march for an ATV jamboree down in Hurricane Utah which we have done pretty much every year or so this decade. Plan to retire by mid summer and start doing some serious travel.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be home most of the time boating and fishing with an occasional trip with the MH to nearby parks just for a change of scenery.
www.putt10.net

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
Sqdancecaller wrote:
Chuck_thehammer, you will love it in the RGV! Have a great winter and I am pretty sure you will go back. We hope to be in the Keys again this winter, just waiting for some medical results before we can make the final decision.

May your medical issues pass.

Wife had major health issues 4 months ago.. better now and set to depart.

Thanks for the head-up on RGV...
this Forum offered much information and advice for me to go there.

chuckthehammer, we just got the go ahead from the doctors so we will be heading south Dec. 29th. Can't leave earlier as we have to make one last Dr. visit on the 28th. Looking forward to warm weather! You guys have a great winter in RGV and tell all the folks we said HI!
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
we are going to Williston Fl. ( Horse country) Leaving the 1st of Dec. then back for a few days at Christmas. We are staying through March. We love the park and the area Golf 1-2 times a week. Gainsville and Ocala are short distances from the park and offer lots of shopping , restaurants and entertainment. This will be our 3rd year. In the past we have left home after Christmas but this year a month earlier to avoid weather problems in route. Going back will be not to bad as it is only 1100 miles home and I can do 550 a day when I am not towing.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
Be my 22nd winter at Larry Penny Campground in Miami, same parking spot and same neighbors >< Leaving 3rd Nov

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
9 days and counting... to Mission Texas. 4 days travel.

received a new Garmin 770LTM/HD, installed New maps.
this thing download much faster then my 2597.. and map is larger.
as North America instead of USA.

3 days ago.. needed to do a Quick winterizing on trailer . got down to 38 here.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Texas Hill Country in Jan. A little cooler but not crowded, green not a gravel pit like AZ.
Spent a month there late last season - very nice, but too cold for a winter destination (for us). We're headed to the "gravel pit" this winter (hopefully).

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Northern Maine at the
Lakeside:

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Texas Hill Country in Jan. A little cooler but not crowded, green not a gravel pit like AZ. We like it.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Cqyqte
Explorer
Explorer
Going to check out some history in St Augustine, FL, for February & March.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully, if we can stay healthy, we are going to do our dream trip through Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The area near Death Valley.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
njtony: I think you'll really enjoy your state forest caretaking. We once did a 10,000 acre ranch in beautiful Oregon. We were parked by the gate and let the cowboys in to do their thing... an awesome experience.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying in c.g. in nj as care takers this winter.need extra money due to knee surgery. Should be an experience ! The only ones in a 40 acre c.f. in a state forest. Wish us luck.