DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cafe Table Upgrade

Since it’s normally just my wife and I when we travel, our dining table was just a bit overkill. With our slides in during travel, the table partially obscured access to the bathroom (if we were in a hurry!) and really was too wide to fit in comfort...

'98 Ford F-150 seeking helper springs as in pic

Greetings. New here. Prob going to make some posting mistakes. Have above subject. Can anyone provide a viable source for helper springs as shown on the picture link below should the second address be non-viable?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...

stooges by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New graphics and stripes

I removed all my old and cracked graphics last month. Bought some 12" rolls on vinyl from a sign shop and made some new ones. Not done yet but here's some pictures.before:After:Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Plastic Potty to Porcelain Throne?

I'm sure someone here has done this upgrade, but I can't seem to find any info on it. I have a short plastic potty in my bathroom sitting on a carpet-covered (ick!) box. Is that box ONLY there for height adjustment to make it taller? Can I rip tha...

infoimp by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

$3500 fixer project

Flooring renoWanted to share my on going project of our 95 gulfstream sunstream gxl 34ft gasserPicked up this gem from a local who recently divorced and wanted to liquidate asap.At $3,500 we were expecting the worst... Turns out, sometimes too good t...

CheapHeat furnace conversion

I was wondering if anyone has converted their factory installed LP furnace to the CheapHeat system. Seems like a very practical system when connected to shore power. No worrying about running out of gas and no hassling with multiple small electric sp...

Bunk trim help

I have repaired some water damage to my bunk. I took off the trim that holds the top and side exterior fillon seam together. I disposed of it do to condition. I bought new trim molding, shaped like an L. The front of the bunk enclosure has a big curv...

Jrzfly by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Heki 2 roof vent - Where to buy?

I'm looking for a Dometic (Seitz) Skylight Heki 2 or Heki 2 De Luxe rooflight/hatch… need the complete assembly. However, I can't seem to find a dealer that stocks them in the US.Does anybody know of a source for these??Thank you, -Mark

ideas re. best way to transport motorcycle

We would appreciate advice re. best way to transport a motorcycle...it's fairly small, with a full-up weight of just under 600 pounds...options we've considered...1.) back of pickup...downside is the loading and unloading scares me to pieces--several...

Hunter thermostsat conversion problem

I decided to do the Hunter 42999B conversion on my TT as the Duo-Therm thermostat was like all the others.I have a Dometic Duo-Therm 13,500 roof air, and I THINK an Attwood furnace (if need be I can remove cover to check).Here's what I did:red wire w...

DeansDad by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Advice on Insulating Under the Trailer

I have a 41' 5th wheel trailer made by ATC. I'm looking to insulate under the floor and I'm wondering what material the major RV manufactures are using to cover the bottom of the trailers (it looks like a black corrugated cardboard type thing)? Or ma...

where to buy plumbing parts and tanks

Hey Guys Im building a 7' x 12" pull behind , got the frameall done and Im real sure the water and sewage tanks get installed before the floor gets screwed down. Can't find many chioces to buy these tanks and other plumbing , fittings etc. would li...

Night Light Alternative

This may have been mentioned elsewhere in the past but I haven't seen it: We have four young children and often dry camp with our travel trailer. The kids don't like to go to sleep in total darkness for obvious reasons so we've discovered that using ...

Carluvr by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

COMPLETE: Fluorescent to LED Conversion

I posted a question at this thread less than three weeks ago, and thanks to the responses and links to other threads I have already been able to get parts and complete my conversion. This is my report.My motivation for this mod was the gang of three...

tkcas01 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes