DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Inverter question

Hi y'all. I'll try to keep this fairly short. I camp in a gooseneck horse trailer with living quarters. It has an inverter in it right now, but the set up is weird. To switch from 12v power to 110v when I get to camp, before I plug in, I have to flip...

roof replacement

Just purchased a whole roll of EPDM roofing material from a buddy for $150 to redo my prowler 24. Anybody know how much adhesive I would need? I know some people cover the entire roof with new wood. Could anybody give me an estimate/list of materials...

Ordering Carefree window awnings....

On our last coach, it did not come with any window awnings and I ordered and installed some on all the major side windows. With our new coach, it has awnings on only the windows that are not under the patio awning and I would like to fix that as the...

lanerd by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

added A/C and permanent toilet Aliner Cabin A

I bought a 2008 Aliner Cabin A1 and needed an A/C and a permanent toilet. This is a 15 ft. ( 11 ft box) so I had to be creative. There's just 2 of us and we needed a flush toilet and holding tank so we don't need to walk to the facilities at 3 am to ...

getcoles by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Bunk Ladder

I have the 5er in my sig below. On my bunks, i do not have a ladder for the top bunk, so i want to make one. Anyone done this before or have any plans/designs i could go by?

kmbelt by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Plastic gutter addition?

I'm considering adding a plastic stick-on gutter over the windshield and over the driver's window. Most of the windows don't get streaked because there's something above to keep roof drainage from going down the window, but the windshield and driver'...

Stove back splash

The DW always thought that the area behind the stove just looked plain and after seeing some of the backsplashes on trailers at the RV shows she wanted to change it. We saw these panels at Lowes. They are called Facade and are a light thermoplastic s...

mmp3823 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Are electric fireplaces quiet?

I've been thinking of installing an electric fireplace in our 5th wheel. I was wondering if they are quieter running than the typical space heater with a non-adjustable fan like the one we use. A fireplace would take care of storing another piece of ...

Closet organization systems

Our bedroom closet is not made of real wood but MDF with plastic over it. We have had a drawer get ripped off when opening the slide because it slid out some. We also had the closet door get ripped off because evidently the magnet didn't hold the doo...

lizbard by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Practical advice needed Magne Tek 6345 option Q

I have a small 22'RV with a Magne Tek 6345 (Series 6300A) 45 Watt option Q converter. I'm about to purchase a new battery (one 27) and I've read that my charger / converter boils batteries. I'm very confused about the available upgrades, and would ...

50 amp cord end

Recently purchased a used 50 amp cord to use as extension.Thought I would test it before hooking to rv. With a test light either the ground or the neutral will light the light on either hot side. Is that normal?