DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sharkbite RV winterize kit

Thanks very much for the replies on what size plumbing is in my camper Now I'm asking the brain trust here where to get a winterize kit with the popular Sharkbite fittings.I had the kind that screws onto the pump in my Hybrid but would prefer a perma...

Range Hood Redo

The only modification here is re-securing the range hood after it fell off on our next to last trip this season. No doubt the result of driving on washboard roads and too many boondock campsites. This appeared to be a flawed installation from the fac...

EMD360 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Full size oven??

Was wondering about a full size oven. WE are thinking about maybe full time RV and the wife bakes State Fair winning cakes and pies I would sure hate to give those up ")

24" apartment gas range in 5th wheel?

I have heard that people struggle to get good results from the standard RV ovens. Is that true? Can you get good results from a gas RV oven? Has anyone retrofitted a 24" apartment gas range into their RV? If so, I'd like to hear about it - pics would...

Adding 20amp plug

In my 2007 Winniebago Voyage there is a small access port in the outside storage just to the left of the entrance steps. It looks like you could run a heavy extension cord through it. On cold evenings my wife likes to run a small 110 heater. If we...

any other options to increase tv reception?

I added the winegard wingman over the summer hoping it would help me draw better signal where I camp in the fall. It made virtually no difference. I'm in the middle of nowhere so I'm not sure there's anything I can actually do about it. Columbus is b...

0rion by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Finished some mods

https://plus.google.com/108023808396086082205/postsFinished up some mods the last few weeks,getting ready for that Christmas camping trip. Michael

Getting rid of carpet - even on the slides?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but we're looking at 5ers with slides and we have dogs to take along. In order to make cleanup of the occasional accident easier and keep our home on wheels smelling fresh, we thought it would be nice to get rid...

Need to find a live wire under dash of Chev class C

I'm installing a back up camera in my 2008 21QB with the Chev/Workhorse chassis. I need to connect to a live wire (with ignition on) under the dash. Anybody know where I could get a wiring diagram so I know what colour wire I am looking for. Any a...

tred0956 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

need Ideas - protecting wood outdoors

On the deck outside my camper, my wife wants to put an old Deacons Bench. My concern is the wooden legs, in contact with the decking sounds like a recipe for wood rot. This bench is important to her, but she insists she wants it out there. Anybody ...

Monitor panel upgrade

I have been working on upgrading the monitor panel for my motorhome.I installed digital meters for 12 VDC and 120 VAC. 120 VAC monitor has a switch to check both legs of 50 amp service.Couple years ago I installed a See-Level monitor for tanks. While...

Removing bathroom mirror from wall?

We are planning a bathroom renovation of our 07 Itasca Impulse. We would like to remove the mirror over the sink that appears to be glued onto the wall in someway. The frame around it was attached with brads and easily removed. Does anyone have exper...

Replace a dual pane Hehr egress window?

My new Arctic Fox 22H came with a solid dual pane Hehr egress window. I can prop it open for cross-ventilation, but it has no screen to keep the flying critters out. Does anyone know if the window can be swapped out for one with a screen--without hav...