cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED lights

rav
Explorer
Explorer
what is a good source for LED bulbs- I have the 1141 bases in the ceiling mounted fixtures. what would be the best replacement- a flat LED or a round one?
thanks
Steve
27 REPLIES 27

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
rav wrote:
has any one used the flat with 24 led's?
also is the 1141 base (what I have) the same as the 1156 base

I bought 2 of the 24-1210 panels from a different vender than I had previously used, I can't remember who it was. They turned out to be much dimmer than the 36-1210 I had previously bought. It was not only the result of fewer LEDs but each individual LED was dimmer. I guess the manufacturer used larger series resistors. I used them in the hallway where I didn't need much light.

1141s and 1156s both use the BA15S base. The 1156 is brighter and draws more current than the 1141. Many RV manufacturers use the 1141 because the 1156 produces so much heat that it can melt the plastic fixtures.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

rav
Explorer
Explorer
has any one used the flat with 24 led's?
also is the 1141 base (what I have) the same as the 1156 base

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought 4 from cabinbrite.com $32 and free shipping
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
The panels will stick to the fixture better if you gently roughen the surface of the fixture with sandpaper. Just in case you were wondering.

Just for extra insurance I also zip-tied my panels to the fixture reflector in addition to sanding the mounting area.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
The panels will stick to the fixture better if you gently roughen the surface of the fixture with sandpaper. Just in case you were wondering.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
good point - we have the frosted lenses, been leaning towards the panels.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
The choice of panels or cobs depends in part on your light fixtures. The panels direct most of the light down but if you have frosted lenses, the light will be somewhat diffused. In my case I found that the panels were diffused enough for most of my lighting. I used cobs where I wanted more diffused light. If your lenses are not frosted you might prefer cobs.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine with 36-1210 panels and 18-5050 cob style warm white LED lights. They are close to the same brightness as the original 1141 bulbs. I bought them from 2011_led on eBay.

Here is a link to his store.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine on Ebay from 2011_led .
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

rav
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info- can you tell me the name of the vendors?

thanks

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced all my old bulbs with new bayonet base led's, total of 16. I got them from Ebay, two packs of 10 for a little over $40 including shipping. They put out less light than the incandescents but no heat and it's adequate for us. I think the warm ones (mine) put out a little less light but are more pleasant. They're almost all from China anyway so it doesn't really matter. I could have stayed under $40 if I bought from China directly but I paid a few bucks more to get from a SoCal vendor. All I have left now are 2 flourescents in the ceiling but I don't use them much so prob won't replace.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Flat panels give a more directional light, round or "cob"-style LED's throw a wider arc of light.
I went with warm white flat panels and am happy with them.
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the round ones because I have a reflector in the top of the light fixture. They work best for me. My source is Amazon. Make sure you search for "warm" lights unless you like harsh white lighting that looks very blue.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)