Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

going back to a 5er

Finally decided it's time to get rid of the MH. We have had 5ers before. So far the front runner is the wildcat. we saw the F282RK at the dealer yesterday. We really liked this rig except for the refrigerator being blocked when the slide is close...

My luck ran out.

I pushed my luck with my Tow Max tires. 8 years on a 10.000 lbs.5th wheel and I lost the tread off one. Was doing 50 mph and out side temp was 102.Did very little damage and I replaced all tires with Maxxis 10 ply e rated tires.

Anyone Use Power Service Cetane Boost

I have read on a blog or two that using Power Service Cetane Boost helps diesel trucks run better. Anyone here use it? Does it work like they claim? Is it worth using on a 2012 F250 or just on older trucks? I know that watching my speed and not h...

Brake Replacements

Took the Cyclone in today to have the bearings serviced. A good friend owns a shop so I know he'll take care of me. He called me with good and bad news.The good news: The bearings were looking great. No shavings or any signs of problems.The bad news....

clarification on LT vs ST tires please

I just purchased a 2013 raptor toyhauler. I have been reading all the posts about tires along with all the either good information here. Here is my question: the toy hauler I bought comes with ST tires. They are made by General. When we negotiate...

5th Wheel Leveling

My wife and I are considering a fifth wheel to replace our 9 year old class A motor home because of cost and living space, and I have a question about leveling and generators. I really like the hydraulic levelers on our current motor home. Our prev...

mclee47 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese SideWinder pin box

I'm getting my first 5th Wheel trailer (Dry Weight 7,500 LBS) and wanted to get some feed back on The Reese Side Winder Pin Box. I installed a 16,000 Pull Rite hitch (Non Slider) on my 2012 2500 Ram Maga cab. I can find a lot of dealer information on...

6Gun by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Wedgewood Vision owens

We have a 2005 Titanium 5th wheel with a Wedgewood Vision oven and I have trouble with the temp. It is hard to set at a certain temp. It is hard to get to a certain temp and also to keep it there. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help...

malbre by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Best stabilizer help needed

I have a new 31 ft. Rock-Wood and need to get the shaking under control when parked. My wife has a really bad temper when woke up in the early morning:S. There are so many products on the markets I'm not sure what works the best. I have a Side Winder...

6Gun by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally arrived!!!

Finally got the call to come pick up our new Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS. Wow!! we are so impressed with this unit. Hope we get good service from this unit like we did with our previous Montana fifth wheel.

The deal is done!

A few weeks back we sold our trusty old 1999 Kit Companion TT and decided to move on to a FW. Well glad to say the deal is done. We got a great unit that will finally suit us all. A 2005 Jayco Eagle 305BHS. Plan to pick her up next week.

SWD by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

First time out with toys---too low!

Well this past weekend was first time out with toy hauler loaded with bikes.Hauler already sat a little nose high but putting both bikes in it made the situation worse. My thought was at first to use a 16" lower profile tire to get the back end up, c...

Toy Hauler - outside ladder question

I just purchased a brand new 2014 Fuzion 301 TH! We are excited to take it out soon for our first trip.I do not have a ladder for the outside. I talked with the salesman and he assures me it's OK to walk on the roof for necessary maintenance/repair...

Which one??

OK friends we need some feedback. The wife and I are ready to purchase a 5er and have found 2 that fit our plans/desires. Hopefully some of you can help us decide between them.1. 2011 Jayco 31.5 RLTS 2. 2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 321FRLBoth ar...