Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New Truck and 5th wheel

I looking to buy a new truck I have a Ram 2500 now and looking into a 3500 SWR should I go with a long bed or short? The 5th wheel I looking at has a UVW of 13856 lb. and GVWR is 16340 lb. and hitch weight 2340 lb.I don't plan on pulling a lot I just...

Dex66 by Explorer
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires, again!

My 5th wheel is 10 years old and needing some tires. Presently have Michelin xps rib, 245/75 R16. Not sure how long I'm keeping it. Was thinking of getting the Bridgestone Duravis R250, but it looks like they are no longer made. Looking at the GY End...

mhimber2 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

black water holding tank valve opens but won't drain

Hey All,The reason I posted this was so someone else might search this phrase and get a match, I did not (on this site) so after looking around I tried an idea that could get me off the hook.We went tailgating last Saturday in Eugene, OR and it was d...

Leaving the RV World for a while

This past weekend I made a deal to sell our 5er. A good and sad day at the same time and I know the wife will be really bummed when the new owners get it next weekend. Unfortunately we're at a stage where we are chasing our teenage and college kids...

Lippert ground clearance issue

Hey guys. So I used my new 5th wheel for the 1st time last weekend, and everything went pretty smoothly. It was my first experience with an auto leveling system, and man is that a cool feature.The leveling system worked perfectly, but I do have one c...

Winterize or Not

Hi! This will be our first winter in Mooresville, NC with our 5th wheel. Coming from Syracuse, NY, it would be just about time to winterize if we were still up North. I was wondering if winterization was still needed down here. I know the winter i...

shopping for new fifth wheel

Wanting to trade in our 5th wheel, it's a 40ft Sierra. Have been looking at new 5th Wheel. Cardinals and Cedar Creeks. Like both and am wondering what owners think? Thank you,

mirwin by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

anyone else had this happen to them

Out for a few days in the fiver, got all set up and hooked up, went inside and turned the water heater on gas. In just a minute or so the carbon monoxide alarm went off. Cleared the area, restarted, same results. So I just turned it to electric for...

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

St Pete Mobile RV repair reccomendations

I have a 2008 Keystone 5th wheel toy hauler RV in need of repair. Tried calling a few but they fix one thing but won't work on another. Need to find someone soon.Needsgas line to fridge repairslider maintenancerear ramp door replacedgenerator (Onan 5...

Hooking up Fifth Wheel

If the Fifth Wheel is sitting on a level surface, and the truck is running uphill about 16 inches in the length of the truck, is this going to create a problem when hooking up. I have no trouble hooking up my travel trailer, but I'm wondering if thi...

skinnyme by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water drain

So I’ve been going thru my new 5th wheel since taking delivery 2 weeks ago, and today I noticed some things about the tanks and valves that stumped me. Unlike my previous 2 travel trailers, this Jayco Eagle doesn’t appear to have a simple fresh water...

Any of you guys winterizing with air only?

In my 10+ years of travel trailer ownership here in the Pacific NW, I've never used anything other than compressed air to blow out my lines and winterize. I haven't used any of the pink stuff, apart from pouring some down the drain traps and to maint...

Hydraulic fluid for Lippert Ground Control

Ok, I know very little about hydraulic systems. My reservoir for my auto leveling system is below the fill line. Lippert said it was ok but I want to add some fluid because it is about 6 inches below the fill line. Are all hydraulic fluids the sam...

Campinfan by Explorer III
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Toy Hauler Recommendations

Hello, I am looking to purchase a 40ft+ toy hauler with at least 14ft garage, side deck, king bed, and best build quality. I am looking into a luxury toy hauler, price is not really a concern, just looking for the best! Any recommendations are greatl...

Forest river cardinal 3675RT

So my wife and I are down sizing from 40ft triple axle toy hauler(monster trailer, so big our friends called it Hotel California) to new to us 2015 cardinal 3675rt. This would be our six fifth wheel and going back to normal fifth wheel. We have alway...