Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best method for jacking up 5er

Recently purchased used 5th wheel (first one) and wanted to jack it up to pull wheels and inspect brakes. I was told by an RV mechanic to leave it hitched and than jack it up. Less strain on 5er frame was his reasoning. Another RV mechanic said it wa...

Niagara Falls

Hubby and I have decided to head to Niagara Falls mid July and would welcome suggestions for a camp ground that has water & sewer and 50 amp service and places other things to do. Have been going thru different sites and touristy things but also loo...

Strange Kitchen Sink Problem

I have a double kitchen sink in my fifth wheel. If I run water in the sink it will not drain. I have let it sit a couple days and I look and the water is gone. If I run water again, it will not drain out. I have tried everything for sink clogs, used ...

bren99 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

New to This

OK, first post on here as have been lurking for the past couple months, and learning quite a bit from everyone’s posts, but also learning should have started researching long ago. This brings me to my dilemma and question for everyone. Last year the ...

dkeller by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I connect the second battery

When I bought my 2000 Snow Bird, it only had one battery. I'd like to add the second one to extend my boondocking capability. How do I hook up the second one? There are 2 free red wires and one free green one as shown in the picture. Also, this is a ...

dpgerson by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Redneck toy hauler

While helping my buddy put his redneck toy hauler together. I got my first chance to actually put a truck camper on ECO diesel. Its an old pop up with a sticker weight of 1170lbs. Was suprised to see the squat was kept to a minimum and looked to leve...

STANG23L by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Vanleigh Vilano FW.

The wife and I looked a Vilano 365RL today and fell in love with it. Does anyone have any good or bad information on these units. They are made by the Tiffin family and look to be well built, just haven't see many in the campgrounds.Any input would...

Battery Drain on Jayco Pinnacle

Wife and I traded our 35'TT of 12 years for a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA. First time 5ver here, but it so much easier towing than the TT and I had 12 years experience at that! My problem is battery drain. I just bought this 5ver in Jan 2017 and it ...

Black Tank Dump Valve

Hello, I have a 2009 Jayco Designer 5th wheel model RLTS and can not get the black tank dump valve to close completely. I know where the dump valve is located and my question is do I have to cut a section out of the 4 season floor to reach this valve...

Fuzion 369 with 2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

We have made the decision to move up from our Grand Design Imagine 3150 travel trailer and are moving up to a toy hauler. We have looked at many but my favorite two are the 2017 Fuzion 369 and the 2017Impact Triton 3551. My wife picks the Fuzion. ...

smithlaw by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Leak Issue

So I bought a one month old Jayco Eagle HT last summer that has three slides. I used it from August until December last season with zero issues in all kinds of weather. After this kind of investment I found an indoor storage facility so the 5er was ...

Bigmoss by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

DRV window gasket replacement cost

Does anybody know what it would cost to replace the window gaskets or windows on a DRV? It looks like the gasket is pulled away or loose from the window. Some of the windows look a bit foggy. I know windows on houses must be completely replaced -- is...

Chuck___ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Led Bulbs

Last fall I purchased a 2015 Jayco Eagle HT28 foot and want to change my regular bulbs to some softer Led bulbs. I find the ones in there now way too bright. I phoned the dealer to ask if there was a specific number led I should buy in order to not...

Bigmoss by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for 5th wheel ideas

I previously had a Keystone Raptor 300mp and liked most of it. Good build quality, very usable just a bit short, 35.5'. I switched gears and got an Itasca Horizon 40"DP motorhome and put the motorcycle on a lift on the back. I am retired now and take...

drwwicks by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help with a new hitch

I'm looking at a new grand design. I've got a 16k superglide. The new 5er will be heavier about 17k. I would like to get a new 20k slider hitch. Would like to get something other than another superglide. So any recommendations would be greatly apprec...

Ricpin by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes