Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Weight Police: Need Help!!!

Truck: '13 Chevy 2500HD, cc, sb, 4X4, SRW, Dmax, Allison. Stock suspension, but will upgrade to Timbrens, and may look into air bags.Looking at KZ Durango Gold G359RET: UVW 10640, dry hitch 2190, dry axle 8450, NCC 2960, GVWR 13600.Hitch is a Reese 2...

Tgator1 by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting new product

Article in today's RV Daily Report about a product called Battery Doctor. It's a remote/automatic battery disconnect and it advertised to work on MH and towables. Has a key fob to remotely connect/disconnect your battery(ies) as well as an auto set...

laknox by Nomad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

opinions on hanging a dirtbike off the back?

This is no problem for a class A motorhome, I see it all the time. But what about a hitch receiver on back a 10000+gvw fifth wheel with a bike lift and say 350-400 lbs of dirtbike?Gotta consider the load effect for sure, but how safe or unsafe?

Dano1955 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Best way to level a 5th Wheel

We just purchased a truck, and will be getting our first fifth wheel in a few weeks. Although we won't be able to use it until the summer, I am prepping as much as I can.The 5er we are getting does not have the bubble-levels located on the pin-box, w...

mekkerl by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Finished the disc brake conversion

I have finally changed my electric brakes to hydraulic discs and thought I'd just report in that I am extremely happy with the results. We put on the 13" Kodiaks and the Titan pump. I got it all from stopyourtrailer.com. It actually was easy, with th...

Motorcycle batteries

I need to buy a new battery for my BMW F650CS. I was thinking of going with a Lithium battery, about twice the price as a AGM type battery. Does anyone have any experience with this type of battery?Because of the batteries location I don't want to u...

OK Adjust the Brakes

I got this feeling (probably paranoia) the brakes just do not work/stop as well on the fifth wheel.So i pop the covers and peers in there. There ain't no star wheel.i have done some research and I have the never adjust brakes form lippert. So I am ...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a manual

Looking for a manual Hello I live in Alberta Canada and just recently purchased a 24.5 foot RV here. I'm wondering if anyone might have an owners manual they could copy and e-mail me. The RV is a 1999 Kustom Koach -Westwind. My e-mailaddress is cru...

cruizin by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on power hookup

If I have my 5th wheel plugged in to the 110v power and also plugged into my truck at the same time does it hurt anything??I realize some trucks have a relay that kills the 12v power to the 5th wheel unless it is running but am I hurting anything eve...

4x4FF by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Head Spinning looking for new RV (first 5th wheel)

So many models. then you read reviews and I think all have good and bad. Except maybe Open Range which have lots of bad. then layouts...Found a Cedar Creek 36CKTS, it is almost everything except no pantry? arg. just want everything I want...lol

adayers by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Got the new wheels / tires installed

Sunday was a good day, it was around 14C so I installed the wheels and tires. Also got the hitch mounted and my bike rack.They look far more appropriate for the sized of the unit.Before: (ST225/75R15)After: (LT215/85R16)The new bike rack and bolt on ...

Golf Carts

Seems we never talk about golf carts unless we're complaining about how there's too many or we're worried it won't fit in the garage or how to haul it.We sold our EZ-GO a few years ago. But now that I'm not racing, its back to cruising speed for me. ...

Anyone coming up east cost from Florida without a trailer?

Just bought a Titanium 29 footer in Florida and i have never pulled a fifth wheel before. besides the fact that i don't have the hitch installed yet i am not so sure if i should start a long tip like that without testing my truck and trailer closer t...

TMAD by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

grand design owners

anybody own a 318rst? The good the bad the ugly....Hard to fing out whats a reasonable price..Not many options though. Seems like a descent unit. I hear good customer support 2nd A/C needed?