Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Maintenance hint

I know we all check tire pressures, wheel lug torque, grease bearings, and the normal maintenance items on our RV's, but recently I had an incident that I have never seen in almost 60 years of trailers and towing. I grew up in a shop that built farm ...

lgbrotz by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

hitch/sidewinder/king pin #

I have a 2011 ford f150 supercrew with a 51/2ft box. I purchased a 2005 ameri-camp fifth wheel.I need to get a fifth wheel hitch/sidewinder/rails/brackets. Any suggestions for source for getting a good price? Also where do I find the king pin# on pin...

Is it possible to re-mount the tv batwing antenna

So as to move the dead spot to a different location? I'm talking about the small portion of the arc where it isn't possible to point the antenna. When I park the rig at my house the dead spot is precisely where the antenna needs to be pointed. Rather...

Sea_Six by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

screen door

I just purchased a 34 ft CampMaster, does anyone have one. It's missing the screen door obviously the company is not around anymore but its a hell of a 5r downsized from 3812 raptor would like to find a screen door. I have checked rv graveyards, door...

Effect of High Tension Power Lines

In our area, many of the RV storage centers (including mine) are located under high tension power transmission lines. When parked under the lines, touching any metal part of my 5th wheel gives me quite a buzz. My real concern however is what is thi...

philgr by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

What can my POS haul?

This is getting very frustrating! I have an upset wife because I won't get the Coachmen 301. What will my truck haul??? I'm sick of looking so recommendations are appreciated. I'm sure most of you know but just in case.Ram 1500, 5.7, 3.92 gears, ...

Gebrown by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter problems?

How do you test an inverter to see if it's bad??? What are some things to look for?Electric bill is horrendous. Everything seems to check out ok in the camper itself.

First post! Need advice from you good fellas!!!

Thanks for reading. My name is Alex and I currently live in Midland Tx. Working in the oil field as a truck driver. I've decided to buy a Fifth Wheeler. Things in the oil field change constantly. Cost of living is high and there's no job security . S...

loading can am spyder

Anyone hauling a can am spyder have difficulty loading into fifth wheel toy hauler? Spyder stalls on incline because of going slow to load. Thanks

athena24 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Parts?

Hey, does anyone know where I can order parts online for my 2010 raptor 300? The corner of my door trim for garage got damaged from the slide

kjk66ss by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Evergreen/Amped TH

Does anyone have any input on these toy haulers? Just looked at some at a RV show in Phoenix. Looked at the FS28TT toy hauler. They are the only medium size toy haulers in this price range that have things like: 2 separate gas tanks, 176 gal. fres...

Thinking of buying a 5th wheel

I would like to know some info before I purchase a 5th wheel. My truck is rated for 9000 lbs. and the max. load is 1430 lbs. I am looking at a Rockwood 8244ws which has a dry weight of 6600 lbs. and hitch weight of 1181 lbs. Am I too close to the all...

slide edges

quick question. what have people been using around their slide corners so kids do not run into them and get hurt, we were thinking on pool noodles and cutting down the length of them and doing it that way. and ideas would be very helpful

fatman71 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

is it safe?

Last night an F150 Eco boost pulled into the campground towing a Chaparral Signature 327RLKS. That seems a bit much for that truck. Looks to have a 1980# pin and a GVCR of 11900# at nearly 38' long. My fiver in sig is at 13200 at last weigh in and...

Tire valves

Looking for sound information on tire valves for F450. Valve stems need to be bent at a 30 degree angle. Having heck of a time finding any. Anyone out there got leads? Nothing like info from other campers.:)