Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lot's of glass in new rigs- good or bad ?

We went to an RV show yesterday in Portland, ME. There were a lot of Heartland 5th wheels that were huge, 3,4 & 5 slides. I was quite surprised by the number and size of windows. Though they were darkened, I couldn't help but think of comfort in main...

quoyfab by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot Water Heater Test

Is there a way for me to make sure my hot water is functioning properlywith out filling my entire system with water.I live in Co. and we are still getting a few freezing nights.I just bought this unit used and due to winter i havnt been able to test ...

My Wife dropped a bomb on me.

We have been camping for over 20 yrs. My wife has never had a interest in a fifth wheel or snow birding. Now how ever I am retiring in less than a year and she brings up fifthwheels and snow birding. So in a year or two it looks like this is going ...

grizz272 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

B&W Companion Hitch ajustment

Those of you who use a Companion hitch. It has a 2" or 4" adjustment to move the hitch toward the tailgate. Where do you have your hitch set at and why?

sk734 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Another 17.5 question

Ok , so I was reading the other post on 17.5 wheels and tires , mostly out of curiosity.... Now I am glad I was doing so.... We just purchased a new building down in NC,,, when doing the walk through , there were some equipment that was still in ther...

Cougar Cap Fading..

I have a 2011 Cougar with a front cap that seems to have constant white film fading. I have tried Maquire Compound and Wax which works for about 2 months and then the fading begins again. I have been told this is oxidation caused by the sun, althoug...

ghampton by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! First Time buyer getting cold feet.

We are a couple in our early 50's, recently retired from full-time employment, with a daughter who is Junior in H.S. and a 22 yr old son living at home. We have limited camping experience amounting to a pop-up 15 years ago with our 3 small children a...

Can you fit 3 mtc's in a hauler?

I'm debating between upgrading my fifth wheel bunk to a toy hauler or motor home with trailer. Going to Sturgis in 2014 and want to take 3 bikes. 2 dressers and a Honda Rebel. Can I even fit 3 bikes in a 10' to 12' garage?

Vt_Rv by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New 2014 Sanibel 3250

Hello everybody, I just purchased but not signed bill of sale yet a new 2014 Sanibel 3250 by Primetime Manufacturing. Does anybody have an opinion good or bad about these units. They appear to made very sturdy what with 12" I-Beams and high R value i...

3596 Big country measurements

I need help ASAP. We recently purchased a 2014- 3596 Big country. But it has not been delivered yet. We have a permanent camp site with a pavilion. We need the exact measurements on the side with all the slides so we can reposition our poles to accom...

Redwood

My "rich" neighbor just brought one of these home to match his new Ford F350 dulley. RedwoodHis is the 35 foot model and is it beautiful. Auto leveling and the works!

1mtnman by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Who has a sun shade permanantly attached to awning

My awnings are TOO high to attach a shade and I can't tilt the front one down because of slide out (have 2). I have the Carefree electric scissor type. Anyone have the mesh shade that they just disconnect from the ground and roll up in the awning? I ...

BAL Lock Arm Stabilizers

I just installed the front stabilizers on my fifth wheel and all I can say is "WOW" what a difference. It is rock solid and I havent got the rear on yet.

Okie1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

17.5 tires

Right now I am running 235/85 Goodyear G614's on my 16,000# GVW fifth wheel. My pin is just under 3,000# at 2984#. I am looking to change the tires as they are carrying a 2009 date code on them... I have the ability to jump to 17.5 rims and tires.. I...