Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

A check list

We are brand new to this does anybody have a check list they do before they leave the house with their rv and when they leave a campground? Any help would be great!!

Tkotis5 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire date code

My class C came with brand new ( the nubs were stil on the treads of the tire) not just on the sidewall. The DOT code on the tire is 5KRQ RC? What is that date code come out to?

suprz by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic 3n1 absorbtion- what's realistic ?

Ours is in a 2006 Pleasure Way, we bought last year.On our recent trip we were generally on AC at night, DC while driving and propane while parked during the day.We rotated blue ice packs from freezer to fridge through the day ( freezer always stayed...

mkguitar by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out maintenance

I took my RV to the Winnebago rally this summer an had some work done to one of our slides. Some points they made were as follows. We have Powergear electric slides.1. Do not use rail lubricants (greese, protectall, etc). The slides are engineere...

WOOD FLOOR IN THE BACK UNDER THE BED AREA

has any one installed the wood floor in the back areaunder the bed - with the area that has to be lifted upat the back for storage I wondered if there was a problemputting it there as it lifts and foldsI just picked up a 1992 and wonder how any one c...

Bathroom roof vent cannot be opened in Winnebago Vista

We own a 2014 Winnebago Vista 31KE purchased from Lazy Days in Seffner, FL.We have repeatedly taken our RV back to Lazy Days(140 mile round trip each time) because the bathroom vent sticks and cannot be opened. Every time they tell me it is fixed, an...

Interior renovation

We have nearly 75,000 miles on MH in signature. We love the MH, but the furniture, etc. is getting tired inside. Thinking if we want to renovate (not DIY) at this mileage. In a quandary if we should buy a newer used MH or keep what we got and renov...

Janss by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I Operate Slides With the Engine Off?

I have a 2012 30' Itasca Class A. It came with (2) Napa 12V 210Ah house batteries (Total=420 Ah) . I replaced them with (6) Interstate 6V 210Ah batteries (Total=624 Ah)The single chassis battery is 12V 750 CCA Motocract MAX The owners manual states:N...

Racorman by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Rites of Passage

We are now finally on our first road trip. Everything else, up until now, have been destination excursions. Lessons learned & episodes experienced. Read all about here on the Maine Forest Cafe ~ Rites of Passage. YMMV

Big_Blue by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cost of Toll Thru Indiana and Ohio

Need to know what the cost will be traveling East on 80/90 toll road. We are getting on in Indiana at exit 101 and getting off at exit 142 in Ohio. We are in a class A RV pulling a Toad. I have went to different web sites trying to figure it out but...

Best years for Sprinter based used motorhomes

I cannot afford a new class C Sprinter based motorhome so am looking at used ones. What past years would you encourage me to look at, which ones to avoid, and your reasons why would be great for me and other readers of this thread.

funpilot by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How Long Should my Class C Be?

I live in LA and have been thinking it would be good to find an RV 19 feet (or under) so I can park in a regulation parking spot. That being said, I CAN park on my block even if it's a little longer (there are no 'marked' parking spaces) and I can al...