cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

surround sound

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
In our 5th wheel the surround sound works when our Sony player is on DVD or radio but not with the TV/cable setting. Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
K Charles wrote:
If he has surround every where but on this forum the he posted in the right place
Yeah, come to think of it, I have no sound on this forum either.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have a Sony, you likely have a newer RV and Tom_M is right on the money. You probably have an optical cable from the TV otto the stereo. When watching TV, set the stereo to "Aux In' (or equivalent) and you should get the 5.1 surround sound signal through the stereo to the speakers.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Your TV will have to have a digital audio output to get surround sound. Check your manual or look for a connection on your TV. The TV may have an optical out or a single RCA connector for coax out. Your 'Sony player' will need to have the same type of digital connection as the TV.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had two trailers I had to use my own cable to connect to aux to make the surround work on the TV. You then had to turn down the volume on the TV

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can probably set your AV system to upconvert sound from 2.0 to 5.1. My Samsung does that.

Cool_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Surround sound = 5.1 Home theater if you will. DVD, Blue Ray etc. will play though all the speakers.

TV, Radio is the 2.0 Stereo. Plays through 2 speakers.

Just the way it is from what I understand. Get a 14 yr old to explain it.
'05 Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek
2011 F250 PSD CC

You can lead a horse to water.
You cannot make it drink.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
that's the way it is set up. if you want all surround sound hire someone to figure it out.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
That is the way most of them are wired. You need to have the tv signal(air or sat) go through your surround sound system....right now it is going directly to the TV
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you tried the 'aux' setting on surround sound
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If he has surround every where but on this forum the he posted in the right place

In our TT the cable goes to the TV and there is only RCA jacks going from the TV to the stereo. When using the dish I have wires going to both the TV and stereo.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other than checking the cables and switch settings, no. 20 demerits for posting in FTS.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman