cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 Email Program suggestions

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Thunderbird email program on several of my Windows 10 PC's.. Lately the program is not responding / halting on ALL of the Windows 10 computers. Want to switch to another program but what? Outlook? any other free email programs other than G-mail worth the time effort?
49 REPLIES 49

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerider wrote:
I use Tbird on Win10 and it is running fine. Version update (68.4.2) came out about a week ago. It didn't update addons. Maybe check your version and addons and see if that helps.

I have been using Thuderbird for over 15 years. Stable as the Rock of Gibraltar. No "changes for the sake of change".

Good (HTML) editor. Allows direct insertion (copy and paste) of images. Works well with Gmail.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
DD716TED wrote:
I have been using Thunderbird email program on several of my Windows 10 PC's.. Lately the program is not responding / halting on ALL of the Windows 10 computers. Want to switch to another program but what? Outlook? any other free email programs other than G-mail worth the time effort?

I use Outlook all the time and have for years. I find nothing to "not like" about Outlook.

The thing I most like about Outlook is that whenever I "clean up" my emails in Outlook, the emails are merely eliminated in Outlook - but NOT ELIMINATED on my main account I can access at my email provider's website. I can go to that website to check emails that for instance, I may have erased by mistatke from the large library of Outlook email folders I normally keep on my laptop. I can also keep certain important informative emails stored for years in my account at my email provider's website with no concern for running out of space.

I hate the email app on my smartphone: Whenever I clean up emails on my smartphone THE EMAILS ARE ALSO ERASED AT MY EMAIL PROVIDER!! :M

this sounds terrible, why would u want multiple versions? if you delete a email by mistake it goes in the trash, you can recover it right from outlook.

that being said if you really want this design, change your phone app from imap to pop3 and this issue will go away, emails will delete on the phone and stay on the main email server

for the guy who said gmail doesn't support imap, it most certainly does.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rangerider wrote:
I use Tbird on Win10 and it is running fine. Version update (68.4.2) came out about a week ago. It didn't update addons. Maybe check your version and addons and see if that helps.

X5
Tbird works on all three of my Win10 machines - as does it's option Calendar.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I shut down Thunderbird years ago and now use non-windows computers most of the time.

For E-mail I use Web-Mail. most all E-mail hosts inclding Yahoo, G-mail Microsoft's offerings and more offer web mail.

One advantage of web mail is that ANY computer.. either laptop. my phone. my windows machines a library kiosk computer any computer has access to it provided you have the user name and password (Note hackers can also accsss pop or smtp accounts so this is not an increased security risk)

Another advantages is I once tried to download an infected file on a computer where I could easily have cleaned it..... About 40 "Do you really want to do this" pop ups later I gave up. THey do virus scanning with top line scanners at the host end. My computer never saw the virus...
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Running Thunderbird with no problem on our Windows 10 laptop too.

I once had a problem with another laptop that had a certain anti-virus software on it that was incompatible with Tbird. Think it might have been AVG...can't remember. Maybe check into that if you have any anti-virus software on your computer.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tbird 68.4.2 is fine on W10 current version.

Perhaps you have a virus.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tbird 68.4.2 is fine on W10 current version.

Perhaps you have a virus.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerider wrote:

x2
Kevin

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Use Gmail like most of us do

I love nonsensical posts like the above when all the subsequent replies clearly show how WRONG the post is.

BTW put me down as another OUTLOOK user which seems to have the numberical lead in the most popular/used e-mail program thus far in this thread.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:

iโ€™m an Outlook user and have been for decades. currently using OL2007 on my Win10 platform. but itโ€™s not free. i prefer OL for two reasons...the integrated calendar that we sync between the two PCs and three devices. and all our email accounts from three different domains are consolidated in one place.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Second Chance wrote:
We use eM Client (with Live Mail addresses) on both of our Windows 10 laptops and have been very happy with it.

Rob

2X It stores the email on the computer. Not in the cloud which I love.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Use Gmail like most of us do

If the OP is using IMAP accounts like many do, Gmail email client does not support that.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's not free, but I've been using The Bat since the 90's with great satisfaction.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I use and like Outlook. The newer the version, the less I like it. Outlook 2003 was a great straightforward easy to use and understand program. Now I on Outlook 2016 and the "ribbon bar" is foreign for me making it much harder to accomplish whatever it is I want to do. But that's Microsoft for you. You can sometimes find an older version of Office on eBay that can downloaded and activated again that would work for you.

Here are some links to reviews of available/recommended today:

https://techviral.net/best-email-clients/

https://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/28/windows/internet/best-email-clients-windows-10.html

Be sure to come back and let us know what you end up with and why.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System