RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Helpful hints for stocking up that new RV on a budget

I have one and I am sure that others have some too.I have found that this time of year is a good time to look for all those things that are needed to stock up that RV.It seems that after Christmas a lot of people get new stuff and donate things that ...

Extended warranty

We are about to take delivery of our Reflection 303, and we were wondering if there are any recommendations and experiences with extended warranties. These contracts are pretty expensive and I am concerned that they may be a waste of $$$$.

RV park or resort?

I know this is a beginner's question, but what exactly is the official difference between a CG/RV park and a resort? To me, a RV park is usually a "sardine alley" -- park your rig so your slides don't hit the neighbor's, and it is a place to spend t...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Ground clearance/choosing the right set up.

I thought I was pretty set on getting a class A with some slides, but some of the places I want to go seem to have rough roads, so I am back to the drawing board.In general, does a class C have more ground clearance/perform better on dirt roads? I'm ...

Guysakar by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing my Class A for 1 month

I will be leaving my Class A motorhome at a campground outside storage facility for the month of February. I plan on coming back the first week of March to spend another week or 2 in the Gulf Shores area. I plan to empty my fresh water and grey/black...

Meffrig by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

heated water compartment

Well you just have to find out the hard way sometimes ! I 2013 cook up coachman Mirada with heated basement. But just found out the heat does not go into the water / waste compartment. DuH ! 6degrees in nj and water lines froze up. Just like water h...

njtony by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Your RV more like a tent

I am new to rving and one of the things that scares me about it is the maintenance with plumbing and electrical items as well as costs involved. Has anyone purchased an rv and tended to use it more like a tent to sleep in and use but not to get invol...

Renting Travel Trailer Question

I am going to relocate to Oregon. I thought I would buy a travel trailer, but then I thought I would like to try before I buy.Is there any place in Oregon where I could rent a travel trailer already set up in a rv park?Thanks

donsabi by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Rent vs Purchase Used (selling after trip): 4-6 month trip

Trying to get some advice on renting vs purchasing a 30ft Class C motorhome.Scenario:-Myself, wife, toddler.-4-6 month trip, DC-San Diego-Seattle-Chicago-DC, 8-9 thousand miles total-plan is to sell RV upon completion of trip (so depreciation vs rent...

Comparing 2 campers

I posted earlier last week about what we could pull with our 2002 Dodge Dakota. Well we traded it in Friday for a Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 so now we are back to the drawing board.We are looking at 2 different campers. 2013 Jayco Jay Feather X20E Hybrid wit...

acorne by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat Rear Tire

My first trip in our 2001 HR Ambassador wasn't the smooth experience I had hoped for. I wanted to put some air in the tires on out way out of town since its cold. My first problem was finding a place with enough air pressure to accomplish that. As...

Has this ever happened to you?

A couple of years ago I took a family trip and was towing my car behind my Class C motorhome. I made a wrong turn in a subdivision when taking a relative home, and knowing that you cannot back up while towing, I tried to make a loop and turn on the d...

Meffrig by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

buying advice for family of 5 plus grandma

Greetings and thanks for reading. I appreciate your patience with another noobie.Grandma is moving from the east coast to the west coast this summer to be closer to grandkids. She doesn't fly and Amtrak is $$$. We are thinking of driving east, pi...

question about cold weather in Florida

We don't get a whole lot of cold weather, but a few times a year we get around 30 degrees. It is usually not for more than a day. We intend to use our trailer at least twice a month. It's a 2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RKS. Most folks around h...