Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alberta Canadian Camping reservation Secrets for Americuns

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
As opposed to Norte Americanos.

I cannot speak for other provinces, but living in MT, you learn a few Top secret things from Canadians visiting Costco's below their border, like... Kananaskis country in Alberta is like Banff and Glacier without the people and ALL the scenery include boatloads of grizzly's.

The Albertans actually voted against development in Kananaskis country as a political body. Imagine that if you can. I am thinking the development interests did not have the advantage of Americun Mad Men. Poor creatures that they are. Golf courses and condos are anathema, and legally not allowed in Kananaskis country. I realize the dissonance this might cause among some people in the U.S. severe distress but it is the truth. They prefer wilderness and wildness over development. Ok, not in all cases, and they appear more than willing to rip oil out of sand and shale, but they appear to draw lines in different places than US. Do not be distressed however, they still accept credit cards, however, I must note, are quite confused by our lack of digital protections...

Anyway, these foreign creatures from the north have holidays of their own that do NOT directly correlate with ours. I admit to not completely understanding but am vaguely aware that there is a world outside of our borders. In particular and of interest NOW, NOW NOW! for Americuns is July 4th. Read on oh, shorts and T shirt wearing, loud creatures of the mid latitudes...

Yes, they are foreigners and I hope certain political factions within the United States do not fully realize this fact. That would be a **** long wall and I am afraid the Canadians would willingly build it at this point in time and pay for it. So, take advantage now of the disparities that exist between the two countries other than politeness and rather bizarro world like politics.

Anyway, The Canadians have certain weekends they call Long Weekends. Apparently beer and relaxation are involved in these periods of times. As anyone who has visited a beer store knows (mostly east of Alberta), the Canadians are quite capable of making very tastable malt beverages. Of course since President Carter Americuns have come on strong in this respect to put those hosers in their place. Oh, I apologize for any perception of insult.

NOW, if your are perspicacious, and are trying desperately to find a place to camp during the week of July 4th, 2016 or any other 4th, realize that, the Canadian long weekends for whatever they call a holiday ENDS on July fourth. They all go home to recover and work their 32 hour work weeks and we Americuns can invade their campgrounds if we are quick enough. They are not stupid people and one should never confuse politeness with stupidity although many Americuns tend to do so.

So, for those of you who are close enough to take advantage of the geographical proximity of the great white north, I strongly suggest you explore the Canadian provinces north of you. They are quite vulnerable to an Americun invasion right after long weekends and we can achieve a tactical advantage, although I would suggest you do not pay any attention to the historical nature of any such assumptions. The lessons of the war of 1812 no longer applies in a nuclear age. We do have escalation dominance with the equivalent lack of maturity. One should not attempt to comtemplate such things regularly after certain high gravity malt beverages. As you can see, I am well acquainted with such beverages.

Anyway, opportunity is extant at http://www.albertaparks.ca/ for those in the western part of the continent. Be aware Americuns, it is difficult to figure out what anything costs up there in the great white north, but you will be pleasantly surprised once your credit card company sends you a bill.

Do not be surprised if you cannot find enough of their odd currency in your pockets based upon loud birds from what I can tell, to pay your bill, as they will tell you to take care of it next time you come up (true experience at a Canadian Sub shop). They are truly strange creatures...but then again they think we are somewhat out of the norm. I cannot imagine why and cannot disagree.
30 REPLIES 30

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I've thought about taking a trip to Manitoba this summer. It's only about 10 hours north of me. If I could get a 4.5 day weekend off from work I might do it. Problem is I would need a passport and I don't have one. I have heard that I can get one at the local courthouse on Thursday mornings from 9-12 but, I rarely ever drive the 20 miles to the town the courthouse is in during that time period.

I'm also afraid of what might happen when I try to cross the boarder. Are they going to frisk me ? Do a body cavity search ? Rip apart my pickup and travel trailer ? Beat me up ? I've never met a Canidiean before and I don't know how they will act when a 52 year old working class person in a 10 year old pickup and 20 year old TT try to cross the boarder.

Come on up ! We accept hillbillies and rednecks with open arms the same as any other human being. :B
If you do go to Manitoba be sure to bring a fishing rod, "The Land of a 100,000 Lakes"

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
Byrogie wrote:
3rd Monday in February is Family Day in Alberta and a couple more provinces.
A week earlier in B.C. Don't know why..

Because our provincial politicians are a bunch of idiots.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I've thought about taking a trip to Manitoba this summer. It's only about 10 hours north of me. If I could get a 4.5 day weekend off from work I might do it. Problem is I would need a passport and I don't have one. I have heard that I can get one at the local courthouse on Thursday mornings from 9-12 but, I rarely ever drive the 20 miles to the town the courthouse is in during that time period.

I'm also afraid of what might happen when I try to cross the boarder. Are they going to frisk me ? Do a body cavity search ? Rip apart my pickup and travel trailer ? Beat me up ? I've never met a Canidiean before and I don't know how they will act when a 52 year old working class person in a 10 year old pickup and 20 year old TT try to cross the boarder.

I truly hope this was an attempt at humour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
And wait until you come back into the States! You must have blood test, urine sample and sperm count!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:

Oh my goodness yes..all of this and more..if you can imagine. You really don't want to take any chances.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
3rd Monday in February is Family Day in Alberta and a couple more provinces.
A week earlier in B.C. Don't know why..
It's not a national holiday.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Canada has a 3 day weekend every month. The one in February is called something different in each Province, and falls on different weekends. In BC, it falls on the Monday after Superbowl Sunday, and they've resisted attempts to standardize it by moving it to the next Monday. (This account is written by an Yank, so may not be totally accurate, but it's close).
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Re: Kananaskis Golf!

The courses were closed as a result of significant floodins several years ago. i have attached a web site below regarding the golf courses.
http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/

I have also included a web site regarding the Kananaskis park amenities etc.

http://www.albertaparks.ca/kananaskis-country/activities-events/summer-activities/

Come on up and enjoy western Canada. Your $ speends real well here!

Cheers;

Vic
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Come on up...
This is the view from the dog park in our town. One hour from Kananaskis Country.

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
So, let me see if I understand this correctly. Parliament can't appropriate funds for the wall because anyone tasked to build it would be off on a 3 day bender? Meanwhile, due to the favorable exchange rate, any red-blooded American with a pocket full of singles could fund the whole project if he could only get the backing of the bear union? Seems about right to me. Carry on, eh?
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Only a kansasanian could dream up such drivel?? LOL
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
I laughed. Guess you have to be part Canadian to get it. Translation - we have some different statutory holidays, don't always want to pave paradise, and are mostly nice. Thanks OP for the kind words. Gotta say I've met many super nice US folks as well and enjoy our US holiday time immensely. Wall? I sure hope not. Would sure confuse the bears. Our 2 countries are strange mirrors with so many similarities but still differences that matter. Come on up anytime.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R