cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone else not camping this weekend?

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years we've moved more towards staying home on the holiday weekend. Leave the spots for those who can't go any other time. So, sitting at the fire pit at the s&b, listening to the ballgame, got a beef roast smoking, and a couple of adult beverages. Life is good even when not camping! Anyone else home, and how are you spending the holiday weekend?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
41 REPLIES 41

jbrad13
Explorer
Explorer
Even though the wife and I are both retired, we are too busy working this weekend to camp! Making plans for next weekend!

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Though we both work still, we haven't gone camping on a holiday weekend in 15 + years. Our idea of getting away is not sitting in traffic and being in a noisy crowded area.
Much more relaxing and quiet at home.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We too are waiting for the smoke to clear before we head out for our last excursion of the year. This one will be a few thousand miles and a few dozen stops before we arrive at rally. Then five more scheduled stops on the backhaul. Then one more short trip before I haul her for the winter.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Explorer
Explorer
WOW. We used to enjoy the holiday camping years ago. Now we try to avoid it. Signs of getting older I guess. Did I really say that? Charlie Daniels is coming to Mount Dora Fl. Sept. 27. That made me feel much better. OH no, I just found out Charlie Daniels is 77 and I have a 20 year old grandson. Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end it gets the faster it goes.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
Came back on Friday from a 9 day camping trip to Heron Lake, NM. Leaving Wednesday for a 12-day camping trip to Navajo Lake, NM.

Spending the weekend at home.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

Oregon_Ms
Explorer
Explorer
Can't wait for Tuesday. That's when my serious camping season starts.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't travel on major holidays. To me, it's not worth fighting the traffic and crowds.

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely home! We were at Cascade Lake State Park during the week and came home as the crowds began to arrive. It is great to be able to let the dogs swim to their hearts' content and not have anyone else on the beach. Let the people who have kids in school (and the partiers) have the weekends and holidays. Sure is nice being retired.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Been retired for 8 years now and have left these holidays and such to the worker bees. We have a house up north at the lake but even that is empty most holidays because all the services, restaurants are being beat up on the holidays. even when we go to the house we carry all we need , leave a day or two before the rush and come home a day or two early.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I'm cutting wood for the winter after this one, same as I always do Labor Day weekend.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I'd say that we try to avoid the crowds... but since we live on a large lake, the crowds come to us....LOL!! Staying home to spoil kids and grandkids ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Almost never away on memorial day or labor day. Family, friends, food and drink eat ether by the pool or in it.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Now that we're retired, we leave the major holidays to the families. Much more to our liking camping in the "shoulder " seasons.
๐Ÿ™‚

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We consider our coach our home, but as we've gotten older, we do find we'd rather spend the long summer holiday weekends parked at our upstate NY cottage, rather than putting up with the crazies in the campgrounds. As usual, we are still living in the coach though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Same here...sitting at home in recliner, belly full from crock pot chix in dumplings watching the first weekend of football. Heading out at the end of the month..yahoo!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.