RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

View blocked by awnings

Our coach has awnings on all the windows, But we do not use them as the block so much of the view out the windows. Are there awnings that don't block so much of your view? They were a waist of money we never uses them. This isn't the best picture to ...

jwolf55 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping with oxygen?

The time has come where I need O2 at night. I have an oxygen concentrator that plugs in to my CPAP. Really notice the difference after only 2 nights. Please bear with me as I am really new at this.Is it even possible with the pilot lights running?...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer front wheels warmer, WDH the cause?

Question: Will having the WDH set too tight cause extra weight on the front axle of the TRAILER? I followed the directions for re-setting up my weight distribution hitch and now the tires on the front axle get much warmer than the rear axles and the ...

bbells by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 3100 watt Generator on sale

For those who are interested I just got in the mail the Cabelas pre black friday flyer. On Nov 11th only they have the Champion 3,100 Watt remote start inverter generator on sale for 799.99 (normally 1,099). On Nov 20th only they have the Champion 3,...

Online reservations

Ok, I'm a little frustrated. We just bought a brand new 5th wheel and late model Duramax GMC to tow with. We're not totally new to the RV scene, but now have made a pretty big investment in our new hobby. We're ready to go. We live in northern CA and...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Dolly towing a 2016 Toyota Avalon

Does anyone have experience dolly towing a 2016 Avalon? Just wondering if there is a problem with unlocking the steering column (stress on the steering system) to tow on an Acme EZ tow dolly. Cheers, Dan

Air pressure question

The tires on my 5'er calls for 80 psi. Does that mean it is safe to inflate all the way to 80lbs, knowing that when I get on the highway and the tires heat up, the pressure will increase above 80 lbs. Or, do I need to maybe inflate to only 75 lbs t...

tim1970 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Reformulated Gasoline

Hello, not sure if this is the proper section for this question so if it isn't moderator please move to appropriate section please.We will be traveling through Missouri in the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if it's possible to buy NON-refo...

Avalanche for towing?

I get conflicting responses all across the board on this. We bought a travel trailer that we were told could be towed just fine by our 2002 Chevy Avalanche (1500). Now we're not so sure. We're considering finding a cheap 1/2 ton or 3/4 --but we weren...

Solar panel cable routing

Hi All - I have a small 25'5th wheel to which I am adding solar panels. I've already upgraded my batteries to 2 GC2 6 volts in series. The batteries reside in boxes on a rack under the 5th wheel overhang. I'm trying to figures out the best way to ...

gross combined vehicle weight help

Hello- Newbie hereI am doing some research and am confused regarding my vehicles gross combined weight rating GCWR which is apparently defined as the combined weight of the towing vehicle and rv trailer as well as all passengers and cargo. And this...

jmkraus by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Waterfront site ON Cape Cod Canal!

I am helping out by posting this, I am not the hiring rep.Hubby and I are going back for our 4 th year to the Corps of Engineers gig at the Cape Cod Canal. They still have 1-2 openings for this summer. You get a full hook up site that is 50 yards fro...

Looking for a leak?

I have spotted a leak by way of some slightly damp carpet. I'm having a hard time figuring out where to search for the source (which I know is tough).The specific area is against the middle of the slide out wall. There is no visible water running d...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes