RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generators stolen --- UPDATE pg 4

Well, it finally happened. We're in Quartzsite, boondocking on BLM land and our two Honda generators were taken between 10 pm and 8 00am this morning. We had heavy duty vinyl covered cables, but that didn't stop them. Dangit!!! And no, we didn't have...

Walt's RV Supplies and Surplus

There have been quite a few questions regarding What happened to Walt's and where is it now. I called Stardeck Industries & RV Inventory to find out.Ron who owns Stardeck Industries bought the inventory from Walt's. Ron thought he bought the busine...

Purchasing Used Bounder Questions

We're considering a used 2010 Fleetwood Bounder 33U from a private party who is the original owner but has health problems now. It has about 11,000 miles on it and appears to be in good shape with new tires. Based on my check of NADA, the price appea...

How long in the repair shop?

When you take your RV(in our case a 2003 Class C MH) to a repair shop how long will you tolerate it being there? We took it to this trailer repair shop(mainly they repair RV's) almost 3 weeks ago to have a water system repair (check valve in water h...

No fan with AC unit....

Yes it is the wrong time of the year for AC even in Texas. But I turned on the fan only and nothing... Soooo turned on the AC..the AC starts but no fan, runs for a minute or two and shuts down..?? I have throwed the circuit breaker on and off and ...

Sealed Underbelly

I have a brand new Keystone Premier 19fbpr. When I went to winterize I found the black tank flush is blocked. No air or water gets through. I removed the backflo valve which is easy to get to in the closet in the bathroom. The line still seems b...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire compressor

I need 75 psi to inflate my rv tires. I have tried two from auto zone and neither would pump that high. Any recommendations would be welcome. Would like one to plug into the cig. lighter.Thanks

bgant4 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Best place to sell unneeded RV stuff?

With the new TT, I've both got things that I no longer need (surge protector and 30A cables - now I'm 50A) and things that I just plain old upgraded (like new chocks, etc). What's the best place to sell the stuff I don't need anymore? Craigslist? ...

JoeTampa by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep Grand Cherokee

This is Mich Bill,We currently have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Lorado 4X4 toad. We love it. However, we are looking for a newer one. The FMCA towing guide says that it has to have quad drive or trac. I'm not sure what that is. I have been told that this i...

michbill by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

RV value in an accident

So, I just got hit last week. The damage does not look bad, but the body shop and the mechanic both say totaled. The door is too bad to fix, and the front axle is too bent to fix for what ins would pay.My concern is there anyway to get the real val...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Discounts of Winnies MSRP

I have never read anything about Winnie Dealers discounting off MSRP like has been discussed for other manufacturers. Honda has or had a very limited discount pricing policy, MSRP was selling price for them.Also when a new RV model hits the market i...

Where to get "deep sheets"

So we just got our new mattress (short queen, 60 X 75 X 11") and the sheet just barely fit. Then we decided to got the memory foam topper(2" memory foam) rout and no-way-no-how is that sheet gonna fit. Anyone know a source for getting either super ...

Can we tow a 2015 Mini Cooper 4 down?

We are in the process of purchasing a 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman 6 speed manual transmission. We would like to tow 4 wheels down. We already have the Blue Ox tow hitch and have seen a Blue Ox base plate that fits this mini. We have seen conflicti...

Nerak by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes