RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning Gremlins

Like many these days we have one of those electric awnings. Don't like it.A few times now it has rolled up all by itself. Every time we have had calm wind conditions so it is not excess wind activated.Anyone else with mysterious rollups?

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Back-in from which direction?

Is there a correct side (driver vs. passenger) from which to back into a camping spot? We went out this weekend and I backed in from my usual side....the driver's side. Saw others enter from the passenger side while others from the driver's. The s...

Truck Tire Pressure

I have been running 80 psi cold in my front and rear truck tires. Truck is '09 F-250, crew, 4x4, with factory 20" wheels. Tow a 9500lb loaded TT. Not sure why but just thought it was safer to max the pressure when pulling this much weight. Looked a...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Selling my RV

Decided to sell my 2004 Dolphin Class A and have a dealer wanting to buy it. I am selling at wholesale (don't want to bother with doing it myself-too busy) and we decided on a decent price. The Dealer is Mike Thompson RV. They will cut me a check wit...

1991pv by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford C-Max toad brake indicator light

I recently installed a ReadyBrake to prepare my 2013 Ford C-Max Energi as a toad, and to make sure it's working properly and to be alerted if the brakes are being applied when they're not supposed to be, I'm trying to figure out a way to rig up a rel...

Air conditioner struggling

I don't know what the specs are on my ac unit. But it is around 31 Celsius full sun.. We are in a non shade site. Have the temp set to 71 and we left for the day. Just got back and it is still running and the temp in the trailer is 77. We are hooke...

samhain7 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

RV delivered to site?

we are looking into possibly purchasing an RV lot in the Keys in the future, but do not have ( and do not want) a large truck. Do some dealers deliver? Our friends use a place near Ft Myers Beach that stores their RV, and when they call they will a...

scrcdawn by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on covering tires

I am just wondering....do tires need to fully covered if not in direct sunlight? I store my MH under a 'pole barn', and only one tire gets direct sunlight (which I have covered). Should I also cover the other 3 that never see direct sunlight? Just w...

Big Electrical Problems

Went to the lake this weekend. Since we are usually running off generator power at our races, camping at a campground is a treat. Nothing like plugging in and being able to run just about anything you want, when you want. Well, that idea got me into ...

Keeping Out Rats and Mice

Recently, I read one suggestion about how to keep mice & rats from entering an RV; it consisted of placing metal ducting around each tire. The idea is that the ducting is too slick for them to climb and too high for them to jump onto. Being placed ar...

RayZen by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Discount on New 14

Any idea on how much of a discount I could get on a new 2014 Jayco class C? The dealer has 2015 and 2016 on the lot, same floor plans. This is a Seneca. Price from 3 months ago was 30% of list but no 2016 on let yet.ThanksKC

AAFD by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford C-Max Energi: Shut off or put in Acc mode?

I'm getting ready to tow my 2013 Ford C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid on its first long trip. I've left it in Accessory mode (press Start button once without depressing the brake pedal) on my very short trips, but I've seen one post on another forum sugg...

Leaking toilet.. anyone use a wax ring?

So I recently had a vinyl wood planks the 2mm peel and stick installed in my camper and now the toilet is leaking around tje base... after looking at it it looks like they lifted the toilet up and slid the planks under it... looks as tho I need to re...