cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carrying chairs without a ladder

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
How do you transport your chairs on the outside of your RV without a ladder rack? Looking for some ideas.
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch
32 REPLIES 32

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I hate the bag type chairs, so ours take a bit more room. They are last in/ first out of the TT and that works very well.

Sometimes they only come out as far as going under the dinette slide, but it works for us.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I always carried my chairs inside my camper, and when I had a class C, I would put them in the shower.

My class A Bounder had plenty of room inside the front basement storage compartment, it was one of the major features that steered us away from a Southwind Stormy to the slightly more expensive Bounder.

In motorhomes made before 1980, it was very common to store a lot of stuff in the shower during transit. Basement storage really opened things up!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Our's go either in the trailer outside storage or in the truck box depending upon what else we're bringing.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Ours are stashed in the very fron compartment under the fith wheel overhang. We have 12 chairs, 3 tents, bean bag boards and 10 fishing pole stashed in there.

My grill goes in the basement and takes up the whole basement with just enough room for my 200 feet of garden hose, and a few tools.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
RV Bike rack that attaches to square bumper.

Best thing I have ever put on the RV. Not for bikes but for anything you need to carry! I carry 4 lawn chairs and 2 expens for the dogs on this rack. The two arms that come out for the bikes makes a perfect hanging device for chairs and pens tied back to the uprights.

RV bumper rack for bikes and expens

It's actually designed to also carry a spare tire also. Like this.
But I use the space to store the big colossal cooler!

And I threw away all my bungees and ratchet straps and use these wire/rubber ties for anything I need to tie down to the RV.

twist and stay

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Under the bed or in the bed of the truck under the cover. Last in and first out. I've even had some that needed to be on edge alongside the bed. Don't need that space until we sleep.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you have no basement space for them, it's super easy to just lay them on the floor as the last item to be stowed before taking off and the first item to be unloaded.

I agree, chairs or even bikes hanging off the rear get filthy.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
downtheroad wrote:
Tried carrying chairs on the outside....a couple of times. They got filthy and had to be thoroughly cleaned before we could use them.

Try to find a way to carry them inside somewhere. We have a canopy on our truck. Bikes and chairs go in the bed of the truck protected by the canopy.

Best reason to carry inside!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
My truck camper has a porch so sometimes I lay them flat and bungie them. That is for paved road travel. If we are taking gravel roads they go inside. We have a u shaped dinette and they fit in the U again secured with a bungie. We have also carried them on the step up into the cabover or just put them on the bed.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen some bicycle racks that would work well for chairs. Our zero gravity and bag chairs all fit in a storage bin though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a spare tire on the rear of your trailer,My neighbor uses a rack Like This to carry his.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Our folded chairs fit under the Dinette table. Extras are bag chairs and stowed in pass thru.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine go in the front pass through storage. These are standard fold up lawn chairs. The fold up "bag" chairs go in the back storage compartment.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
rhagfo wrote:
I put mine in the basement of the 5er!

X2

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put mine in the basement of the 5er!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"