cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Also got the RM 7710 with lifetime maps from CW. However, our acct on RM displayed "Lifetime maps: NO." Called CW and they emailed me a form to snail mail to RM. Still waiting for RM to update our acct.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

HappyTrailsRVin
Explorer
Explorer
We got the Rand McNally Tripmaker 7710. RV friendly. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Holding up in the RGV in TX.
Alicia and Roger
Mission, TX (winter)
Travel (summer)
94' Safari Motor Home

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any new toys or gadgets worth sharing?
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
NCHornet1 wrote:
Levelair Air Bags

The above is the best gizmo I have purchased for my trailer. No more getting the level close. I am dead on all the time. Adjustments are done easily without moving the trailer. I can't say enough how terriffic these bags are. I made a Y adaptor to fill both bags at the same time. I am perfectly level in less than 2 min. With a total height of 4" they have worked everytime. The best part is no more hauling a lumber yard with me on vacation!!!

so....a person still has to go in and look and go through the things we go through to make sure it's level, right?
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

Granted
Explorer
Explorer
PGR_Skye wrote:
Right back at you and all our other RVers!!

hARRY NEW YEAR TOO ALL RV FRIENGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Papaw Hal and Gramma Suzy
Diesel,Lottie and Ebony The Shar pei with Attitude
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 33L
2000 F350 XLT LA West Custom DRW 7.3 PSD
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
@ the Bridge: Ms Tascha 2003-2015

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
Right back at you and all our other RVers!!
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Happy New Year to all ! !
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
I am very happy with my Rand 5510. I got the smaller one so it would fit on my dash. It hasn't gotten me lost yet....:)

Jeanne_M
Explorer
Explorer
clyons206 wrote:
Garmin 660 was a good unit, had some issues. I presently have and like Garmin. However here is a good one which I am oredring.RAND MCNALLY RVND7720. No reviews yet, but it is the new version(all bugs taken out and there was a lot)previous was RVND7710. I also spoke with factory TECKS about these 3 units
GARMIN 660
Magellan 9165
and the Rand.
MY choice hands down is the Rand with lifetime maps. Also available for this unit is an sat.driven Traffic checker. Really cool. $40 on Amazon. Unit is $3339 from Randmcnally

I've read some reviews...don't think I'm too impressed. I'll wait. Our Garmin 2720 works good enough for us. Point A to point B. We do our own research on POI's along the way.
Jeanne & Kenny
2005 Itasca Horizon 36GD, Freightliner Evolution Chassis, Cat 350
1992 Honda Accord
And Bailey, our furry traveling companion
Good Sam, TT/Naco,PA,RPI,AOR,C2C,FMCA #F151328
Our Pictures

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
100ton wrote:
clyons206 wrote:
Garmin 660 was a good unit, had some issues. I presently have and like Garmin. However here is a good one which I am oredring.RAND MCNALLY RVND7720. No reviews yet, but it is the new version(all bugs taken out and there was a lot)previous was RVND7710. I also spoke with factory TECKS about these 3 units
GARMIN 660
Magellan 9165
and the Rand.
MY choice hands down is the Rand with lifetime maps. Also available for this unit is an sat.driven Traffic checker. Really cool. $40 on Amazon. Unit is $3339 from Randmcnally

3,339 dollars...... it should be good! :S I assume that's a typo, yes?

Rand McNally $349.99
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
clyons206 wrote:
GARMIN 660
Magellan 9165
and the Rand.

3,339 dollars...... it should be good! :S I assume that's a typo, yes?
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

clyons206
Explorer
Explorer
GARMIN 660
Magellan 9165
and the Rand.

nitrohorse
Explorer
Explorer
Another idea for fire starters is to rub Vaseline into cotton balls and store them in a plastic bag. They light easy and are hot enough to get a campfire started...

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Scrapz, great idea with the scentsy wax! Thanks for the idea!
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
re: Firestarters

I use egg cartons, dryer lint, and Scentsy wax that would normally be thrown out after the scent is gone. So everything I use would normally go to the landfill. I don't use these to start charcoal fires fire cooking, just in case there is any scent left. I don't think a steak would be very tasty with a hint of Festival of Trees.
Kathy :B