cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
I just got my husband to hang 2 of these 6-glass stemware holders. They are great! Glasses don't even rattle while driving.

http://everstillrack.com/
Kathy :B

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
Come on, Folks! I need to find more gadgets to buy for the motorhome that will astound my DH.
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Doc_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Wildmanbaker, I have found a 7" GPS/backup camera on ebay for about $300. Rather than trying to use the 3.5" GPS out of my truck figure we kill a couple of birds with one stone this way. You can also get ones with multiple camera opitions. I perfer the wired type, the wireless one in my truck sometimes kicks on just going down the road. Hope this help, Roger
1993 Fleetwood Flair 22D "Cat One"

USN(RET)
Fire Captain(Career)
Fire LT(Volunteer)

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Larry,

Here is the post I made about the storage pipe in a modification thread:

popeye59 wrote:
I made a flag pole holder for my tongue jack but as it's jacked down in my parking area, the flag hits the ground. Hopefully it will be OK when I camp. I may have to raise it up some.

Also did my "Stinky Slinky" storage mod.

As seen from the front. Drilled about 20 1/8" holes but you can only see these 7. Too small for wasps but large enough for some air flow.

As seen from the rear of the trailer. Drilled 20 1/8" holes for ventilation and to reduce the chance of wasps getting in.

I bent a piece of heavy steel and epoxied a bolt to it to hold the tube to the trailer frame. Used three bolts. May want to remove and relax the bend angle a little if it starts to wear on the hose. I did grind the edges smooth though.

Looking inside the 6" PVC pipe.

I have not had to relax the bend on the one piece of flat steel as the hose is not showing any signs of wear from rubbing on it.

Note to self: Epoxy bolts in hole before adding fittings as your arm may not reach to the holes after the fittings are glued on. The holes are on the back side and I also drilled three holes through the frame and bolted it on.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LTCLarry
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Popeye,

How did you attach the pvc pipe to the TT?

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
sh4717 wrote:
Your suitcase idea has me thinking......

I always struggle with the tupperware container I use for my dump hoses and attachments, but a hard-sided suitcase might work better. Might be hard to keep dry and/or clean though....

Any other ideas or suggestions?

I just prefer a mounted PVC pipe next to the tank drain connection for my dump hose. I used a 6" piece of pipe and can keep my fittings connected to the hose. Of course I have a smaller trailer with less storage than a 5'er but I still would prefer it close to the connection than stored in my basement.

Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

phays
Explorer
Explorer
I use this Oil change drain pan to store my 20' dump hose with fittings attached.

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer
louiskathy wrote:
sh4717 wrote:

I always struggle with the tupperware container I use for my dump hoses and attachments, but a hard-sided suitcase might work better. Might be hard to keep dry and/or clean though....

Zip Lock makes a XXXL size heavy duty bag. Big enough to put all your hoses into. Sturdy, flexible, see thru and cheap enough to pitch when it gets too ugly. Lowes or Menards or Home Depot will have them.

Thanks! Didn't know about the bags
Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
sh4717 wrote:

Zip Lock makes a XXXL size heavy duty bag. Big enough to put all your hoses into. Sturdy, flexible, see thru and cheap enough to pitch when it gets too ugly. Lowes or Menards or Home Depot will have them.
Kathy

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
sh4717 wrote:

I just pity the poor soul that decides to steal your "suitcase". Talk about surprise and disappointment. :E

How do you fence a used stinky slinky? ๐Ÿ™‚

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer

Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
RnRs-RT wrote:
Recently took our Grandson to Hershey Park "High Meadows Camp Ground" in our class "B". A bit crowded but it worked OK.

We were at Highmeadows in June, and it was tight, but a great park to "do" Hershey from.

Your old suitcase idea is a great idea and I just might have to incorporate it in our TT - we have lots of toys and STUFF!!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Recently took our Grandson to Hershey Park "High Meadows Camp Ground" in our class "B". A bit crowded but it worked OK. Used an old hard sided suit case to take along some outdoor accessories and games, Frisbee, ball, etc. When we arrived we just put it under the "B", out of the way,dry and varmint proof. They can be picked up at yard sales for cheap. A buck or two. Take out the frilly innards and they make a good cheap storage bin. Take out the hinge pin, make two halves, put in the trunk of car to haul potting soil, flowers, mower gas or anything else that may spill and make a mess.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
Do a search for "backup camera" and you should find them in all price ranges.

Good luck
Wildmanbaker

RV_World_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Hello fellow Rv'ers, does anyone have a good recommendation for a backup camera for my class A RV, i have not done much research but was wondering if any of you have certain products that would aid me. thanks