cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever, or would you ever ....

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Have you or would you ever ... loan your TT/MH to a relative or a friend?

Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
80 REPLIES 80

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
No and No.

Ditto on double "NO" -
you may lose a friend or start a family feud when/if something goes wrong, damaged, breaks, etc., etc.

Bad karma.

~

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
peaches&cream wrote:
akrv wrote:
No if they need one want to use one they can rent it.

So you would rent it to them but not loan it. I guess you are all about money. :@
Not rent it from us.... they can go rent their own.

No and no to loaning it out. If they want mine specifically they can buy it.

sleepyT
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70
I would not have cleaned up the mess the SIL would have....

NO & NO
ROSIE&TOMMY
2007 GMC 2500HD DURA MAX/ALLISON
2013 CRUISER PATRIOT 305SK

IN GOD WE TRUST
SEMPER FI

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I have and would consider doing so again depending on how the person drives and takes care of their things. Why not share the blessing?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, nope.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Daughter and son-in-law? Yes.
Friend? No.

At a company BBQ at a nearby lake we were asked if we would bring our canoe. We politely declined without an explanation.

It is not a cheap aluminum beater. It is a top end lightweight kevlar canoe. I am not about to let some half drunk coworker who last canoed at Disneyland 30 years ago crash it into rocks and drag it up and down the gravel beach.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have let:

1. My brother and his family camp for a week at Hunting Island.

2. My DH's niece and her family camp at Gulf Shores State Park for a week.

3. A great friend from church celebrated her daughter's 16th birthday and had a slumber party with 5 other 16s for a weekend.

Now, with that said, we took the camper and set it up, then when they were using it, we went somewhere else (once on a mission trip close by; one time on a cruise and the other time, the campground was about 30 mins from home) while it was being used. We then checked it out, closed it down and returned it to our home. We would not let them tow it because none of them have any experience towing anything.

My other brother does have experience towing and I would let him borrow it, but he has no desire to camp.

Other friends, possibly, but if my toilet gets stopped up, THEY will have to come and clean it out. This is told to them up-front.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
I have friends that think nothing of loaning me their airplane so they are more than welcome to any MH I may have.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish wrote:
Have you or would you ever ... loan your TT/MH to a relative or a friend?

Jules

Friend? No. None of my friends knows the first thing about RV toilets, hot water heaters and propane.

Family? It depends. I would loan it to my daughter (21)in a hot second but not my son (28). She is very used to our TT and understands how to treat it. My son has absolutely no experience with a TT, at all.

As for other relatives, I would lend to my mom or my youngest sister--they both have TTs. I would lend it to my brother, who is experienced with large boats. I would not lend to my 350-lb sister and her 400-lb husband. They know nothing about campers and, frankly, I would be concerned about their weight breaking the dinette benches, plastic toilet and tub.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
We rented from Cruise America over almost ten years. I figure they can do the same, right?
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Ahh no. When the family visits they stay in the fiver safely parked in our back driveway. I have offered to take it to a campground 1 mile away if they want a campground experience.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
WHAT PART OF NO do you not understand. NONO
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

TOOBOLD
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I would let one friend borrow. We would set it up and pick it up. They even mentioned letting us borrow their cabin, so we can take the kids skiing.

No other family or close friends like camping:(

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
We loaned ours to the brother-in-law and wife who traveled for almost six-weeks out west. Must admit they returned it in as good if not better condition. Stopped a couple of times on their trip to even wash it. But would I do it again, don't think so. I was super worried the whole time sweating blood. I'm getting transfusion now....

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
No because they have not asked. My kids could use it any time they want to but they still prefer tents.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide