cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rude campers to the extreme

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
So, we are at Lake George RV Park, N.Y. and had group of campers that were loud two nights in a row. First night I told them they should move their fire away from our camper, midnight. Second night, I went out and almost verbatim told them their conversations for the past half hour. Guy says that I should wear earplugs to bed. I then said you are annoying me and my family, so I will do the same. I started my truck and angled the high beams directly into their group.
About then the on duty manager shows up and apologizes to the group for having to respond to a complaint!
Long story short, we moved to a different site today, screwed up our days plans and we weren't in the wrong! Our new site is much tighter, but surrounded by other respectful campers. I never thought I wouldbe forced to move but they left us with no choice. Ok, rant over.
83 REPLIES 83

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
I think OP is fortunate that the situation did not escalate to violence or vandalism.

That's what campground managers/hosts are for.
Could have ended even worse. People have been right before and ended being "dead right".

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
As said above, Lake George is and has been for years the drinking capital of the northeast. If you want quiet that is not the place to go.
I would also complain if someone turned there lights on other campers in the middle of the night.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Toddupton wrote:
Instead of you egging them on it might have been better to call the manager yourself. Pointing your headlights and running your truck most likely annoyed more than just that group. Not saying you were wrong we have all had those types of campers.

x2 you goofed and you had to put it on here to realize it ?
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
How loud is loud? Stereo blasting loud,drunken party loud, or two couples playing Euchre under the lantern light loud?
Quiet hours does not mean that you must retire to your rack and lie silently at attention. If you wanted quiet why did you go to Lake George? Heck it is a "Destination",what did you expect? Lots of DEC campgrounds in the Adirondacks that would have given you the quiet you obviously are looking for..

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP don't be surprised by the responses here. While you were wrong to point the headlights at them you were right in every other aspect. The problem with the headlights is that it escalated the situation rather than fix or calm it down. Your anger and aggression should be directed at park management/ security.

We are at a weekend party cg right now dealing with similar BUT we knew that going in so can make it thru the weekend.

Sorry for your bad experience.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Sometime things end Not as expected. Things learned over the years is you're not going to control other people. Let the management handle it, if they don't , ask to be moved or leave.

Seems like other people camping thought you went overboard, including the management. Revenge is never a good thing. Best to stop and really determine what is the smartest way to get the best results. Having a baby and causing a scene probably wasnt the smartest learning experience for your child.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
Toddupton wrote:
Instead of you egging them on it might have been better to call the manager yourself. Pointing your headlights and running your truck most likely annoyed more than just that group. Not saying you were wrong we have all had those types of campers.

IMHO your ruined days plans were entirely your doing. If you'd merely called the management instead of escalating the matter I'm sure the situation would have been quickly dealt with by them.

X3

Meeting inconsiderate and juvenile behaviour with the same will only have a bad result. Tit for Tat rarely works...

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Remember - the first one who files a complaint is the victim. You should have spoken w/ campground management after the first night.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Like the old saying goes "it is your story, so tell it anyway you want".

You have told two entirely different stories on a public forum about an encounter you had with neighboring campers. In the long run you lowered yourself to their level and someone is probably lucky there wasn't a physical confrontation in the end.

Now it seems you think folks responding to your stories are as rude as these other campers? Okay then.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
In rereading my post, we did talk to staff after the first night, the security did stop and tell them to turn off the radio. I did tell them nicely the first night that it was too much, too late and we had a baby trying to sleep. The second night I again tried nicely, but I had enough when I was told to wear earplugs.
We were not told to move, we opted because management was unable to handle the situation. Again, seems even here the rude people are accepted.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with crudeman----yea I am laughing at you because you posted this!
you were in the wrong and made yourself seem more like a rude idiot camper than the group.

revenge like yours was not the answer!

you should call management on them and let it be handled that way.

you ruined your plans and escalated this all on your own.

One time a fire ring was in a weird position in the next site. neighbor starts smokey fire and of course if comes right on us, under our awning ๐Ÿ˜ž
I was ready to freak but hubby said----that is where their fire ring is---and they can have a fire---so get over it ๐Ÿ™‚ I DID. sometimes ya gotta just go with the flow but you should call management instead of being the rude obnoxious camper!

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
leggy wrote:
So, we are at Lake George RV Park, N.Y. and had group of campers that were loud two nights in a row. First night I told them they should move their fire away from our camper, midnight. Second night, I went out and almost verbatim told them their conversations for the past half hour. Guy says that I should wear earplugs to bed. I then said you are annoying me and my family, so I will do the same. I started my truck and angled the high beams directly into their group.
About then the on duty manager shows up and apologizes to the group for having to respond to a complaint!
Long story short, we moved to a different site today, screwed up our days plans and we weren't in the wrong! Our new site is much tighter, but surrounded by other respectful campers. I never thought I wouldbe forced to move but they left us with no choice. Ok, rant over.

LMAO you really posted this?
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

x2. This is one of the times when "revenge" is the wrong way to go.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Toddupton wrote:

IMHO your ruined days plans were entirely your doing. If you'd merely called the management instead of escalating the matter I'm sure the situation would have been quickly dealt with by them.

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
Loud, obnoxious campers at a NY campground. Who'da thunk it?
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)