cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews Reliable or Not?

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am somewhat new to Rving so I thought that RV park reviews was a reliable site, but after my past experience, I now know that RV park reviews doesn't appear to have the true facts about a RV park. Last Dec. I had a bad experience with a park, and I posted a negative comment on my experience, I also posted many positive experiences that I had staying at other parks at the same time. RV park reviews posted all my comments positive & negative, plus I received an email from someone asking me to contract the park manager, at the park that I posted the negative comment about, and also told me what a wonderful person the manager was in the email...I don't how this person got my email address?

I recently checked the reviews about this park, and my negative review has been deleted, but all the positive reviews I made about other parks were still there. I have contracted RV park reviews about this problem, and a administrator emailed me that he would look into it for me. I am good forward to the answer.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
55 REPLIES 55

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
The email I received didn't appear to be from anyone at the park in question, it appeared to be a friend of the park manager. The post wasn't moved to the archives, it has been deleted, I just checked the RV park site again, and the only post about this park are all positive.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

jwboudreau
Explorer
Explorer
I use the site and have found it to be fairly accurate, but, if I see a negative post, I will look at other postings from that poster (as well as other reviews for the campground for similar experiences)to see if they have posted a positive review. I have read posts about family campgrounds that state that there were kids running around all over the place, out of control, etc. Only to check the posters other reviews and see they said that about every family campground they have visited. This tells me they are most likely a couple that don't have children and expect a family campground to be silent and complain about everything. As always, when someone is posting a review, it should always be taken with a "grain of salt"

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't use them. Did in the beginning but certainly not any more.

Regarding the deleting of reviews. I find that hard to believe since I was at a park that had quite a few negative comments about the grounds. The park was in the process of being sold and I got to talk to the new owner. He said it would be very hard to overcome the negative comments and bring campers back, because they can NOT be deleted and forever stay with the park's listing.

There ARE several websites that have 'almost' the same name. I've misspelled it once and it took me to a 'look alike park review site'. Further searches and there were many that have a similar name. Perhaps it's one of 'those look alike sites' that have a policy of deleting remarks.

I wrote them off when I did write a review only to find out you have to write several reviews before any of them are posted, how lame.:R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Like most things, negative seems to rule. People more likely to post about bad. Same way with motel reviews. I have stayed at motels where reviews sound like you are staying at the town dump! Yet, I was perfectly happy and a nice motel.

Seems like a lot of people want Hilton quality and service, and only pay a Motel 6 price!

I have basically given up on reviews, as I do not find them very helpful. As said earlier, if there are a lot of reviews, then more reliable.

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
They should really allow people to post their own pictures of the CGs and Resorts there. At least one picture. The CGs themselves only post the best pictures on their websites, many taken by professionals, and hide what they don't want people to see. They'll angle the camera so you can't see how close together the sites are. Or that only 2 sites out of 50 have shade trees. The CG my have changed hands and what was once a great place is now harboring the near destitute in broken down campers and tents - OK, that's an exaggeration but you get the point.I take that site with a grain of salt.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if someone could have contacted the original poster through the website... most sites you can go to a users profile page and find a "contact" button. But it looks like at RVParkreviews you can only do that if a person posts on the related forums, not just a review.

I find RVParkreviews to be very helpful in finding places to go. I've never had any issue with unwanted emails.

I LOVE reading the negative reviews... sometimes they are hilarious! And makes me glad that wasn't my camping trip!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Judging by the amount of reviews with 1 star, I don`t think they edit anything other than spelling. all mine are still there, including one of my first ones with a 1 rating, for the Butte MT KOA from 05.

And yes you need to read between the lines. While I don`t ignore the 10`s and 1`s, I do take them into account. the only time I go by the 1`s and 10`s is when they are all either 8,9,10`s or 1,2,3`s. you gotta know how to read !them

Also, if you post when you were there and the site number it is very easy for the campground to know exactly who you are!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe one also has to determine which reviewers most closely fit yourself.

What I mean by this is this. For me, it's just my wife and I and our dachshund. And we are usually traveling. We don't use parks for end destinations.

What's important to me in a park is probably different than what important for a person with a family who is staying a week at the park.

For me, the most important thing is clean and functional showers and toilets. The next thing that's important for me is if the park has a fenced in dog run where I can take the leash off the dog and be able to throw a ball with him. The next thing for me is how tight it is to move the trailer around in the park.

If someone rates a park down because it doesn't have much of a playground for the kids, I don't care.

If I should rate a park down due to not having a dog exercise area, someone with out a dog couldn't care less.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
One key for me, if I were reading the reviews, is the sample size, if you will.

I figure the more folks who have rated an RV park, the better the general accuracy about the park is.

For example, if a park has only 1 or 2 reviews, it's harder to know before hand if the reviews are reasonable. However, if a park has 20 reviews, after disregarding the worse and the best review, I think you get a fairly good picture of the park.

westernrvparkowner wrote:
If you were contacted by someone from an RV park you wrote a bad review about, why would you assume they got your information from RVparkreviews.com? Most likely they got it from their own database. Most of us are not stupid, we often know who writes a review, both positive and negative. Make a reservation via an online system? Presto, the park has your e-mail information. As for the reviews being accurate, I score it about 67%. You need to toss out the beyond glowing and the beyond bad. What is left is generally pretty close to the truth.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had one cancelled. They didn't agree with what I had to say and deleted it. I guess they only want to say good things about a place.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
If you were contacted by someone from an RV park you wrote a bad review about, why would you assume they got your information from RVparkreviews.com? Most likely they got it from their own database. Most of us are not stupid, we often know who writes a review, both positive and negative. Make a reservation via an online system? Presto, the park has your e-mail information. As for the reviews being accurate, I score it about 67%. You need to toss out the beyond glowing and the beyond bad. What is left is generally pretty close to the truth.

While I would somewhat agree, but if a park has 20 spaces filled every night, are they going to email everyone that was there during that time that did an online reservation and left an email address during the reservation? I think the site only lists the month the person was there.

And if I read the OP posting, he said someone else had sent him an email, said the park manager was nice and to contact the park manager. Therefore the park manager didn't send the email. To me, it sounds like someone that has access to approving the postings on the site.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using and posting on rvparkreviews for years. I have highly praised and flamed rv parks. All my postings are still there. The only thing really negative I can say about that site is that I notified the webmaster about troll postings with evidence and they never replied or deleted postings.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We have posted many reviews over the past years. Some have been very positive and in others we told it as it was. This week we slammed one pretty good as it was quite expensive and was a bad experience. We have never had a post removed and have never been called by anybody. We would welcome a call from the park as I would not write anything that I would not say to their face. In fact we do express out thoughts good and bad to the parks during our stay. Some care and others don't. We find rv park reviews to be very helpful in our travels.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
When I look at it trying to decide somewhere worth staying-it's just a tool, I look for overall consistency & the dates-how old or how new. I also look at them as what they are, opinions-- (you know what they say about that!!)
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986