cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schwintek slide system question

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were looking at a travel trailer today that had a Schwintek slide system. I've seen them out there, but don't know how well they hold up or work. I was disappointed that this particular brand was using a Lippert product.
What's your take on them?
25 REPLIES 25

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Google (Swintec slide problems), should give you some more information.

Very misleading. Google any HWH (or any other slide manufacturer) problems and you will get a lot of hits. People only post when they have problems.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has been trouble-free for 5-1/2-years and it gets LOTS of use.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what Georgelesley said. It's the Lippert Schwinteck channel slide system that is poorly designed not the cable system. There are metal channels running sideways at the top & bottom of slides.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for getting back to me.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
colliehauler wrote:

Rather misleading. The problems they had were with older designs and no longer plague the newest systems.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Our wardrobe slide is nearly three years old, works great. We follow the procedure to keep in calibrated.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
You hold the button for 3 second "after" the slide is all the way out and the same for all the way in and they will stay synchrnized and operate flawlessly.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the problems with the Swintek slide system come from the huge full wall slides they were used on. The system was not designed for the monster slides but even then when properly installed with a correctly cut open inning and proper customer use, they work fine.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have had no problem with mine, using it at least two times a month. The key for trouble free usage is correct operation per mfg.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They had a lot of problems and made lots of updates and improvements over the years.
The TT I wanted had the system but had four tracks and all the latest capabilities to troubleshoot and easily override it to force it in or out as needed.
So after much research I bought the TT and have been very happy with it.
If you go forward, watch the Youtube video's on how to use it. Proper use will keep it calibrated and functioning good. Don't rely on the dealer to explain operation, mine had no idea.