cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seasonal site users -- patio deck mounting?

Roadrash450
Explorer
Explorer
Just wonder if any seasonal campgrounders used a way of attaching a raised deck to your TT/RV to eliminate movement?

I was thinking of just a clamped on support from the frame to the deck. Just fishing for some idea's. Can't put any permanent footing or foundation if you were wondering.
8 REPLIES 8

debrick
Explorer
Explorer
We are seasonal also--when I spoke to my insurance agent he said they would not cover our Fifth Wheel if we attached anything to it or took the wheels off (were not planning on it anyway). Hubby built us a set of stairs that are about 48" wide so they are like a small deck--he also built me a 10X10 ground level patio deck that is 2 sections so we can store it in our covered trailer in the winter. These things are so heavy there is no movement.

Roadrash450
Explorer
Explorer
Mine will be an in between hieght of the 2 decks Hedo posted. Doesn't leave much room for bracing. I intended on the deck blocks, just looking for that bit of extra stiffness as there is a possibility of 6 kids running around, through, and over it!

Thanks

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker59 wrote:
Insall bracing from post to joist at 45 degree angles in both directions. Built several an they do not move when i'm done. Easy fix. Dave

Exactly. I also use the concrete piers from the big box stores.

Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

woodworker59
Explorer
Explorer
Insall bracing from post to joist at 45 degree angles in both directions. Built several an they do not move when i'm done. Easy fix. Dave

Roadrash450
Explorer
Explorer
The rachet strap idea was my first, but only holds in one direction.

My seasonal allows decks that are portable, no posts in ground, no size limit. As long as when you leave you can take it. If your coming back the following year you can leave it as well as store you RV.

I am more concerned with keeping the deck from hitting the TT than moving away from it while maintianing a small gap between the two. Don't want to rub the finish off.

liberty2010
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have one but I am thinking a couple ratchet straps would be securing but not attaching to the RV

Rubber_Ducky1
Explorer
Explorer
I have my trailer in a seasonal campground. NOBODY attaches their deck to their trailer. Also the owners of campground does NOT allow the deck posts to be put in the ground. We don't normally have a problem with the decks moving. I say NORMALLY because about 10 days ago the campground flooded and decks WERE floating everywhere!!:M

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the management first. Some have restrictions that it can 'not' be attached.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.