Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seattle Area Campsites

Camper93
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
We are going to Seattle in July and would like to find a full hook-up campsite around the Seattle area, any recommendations would be helpful. We have a vehicle to get around in so any where in the Seattle area would be nice.
Thank you
18 REPLIES 18

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bigdog wrote:
gotsmart wrote:
I wouldn't stay in the Seattle area if someone paid me, and I'm a WA resident. I'm at a park on the Olympic Peninsula, in Sequim. It's living at a slower, less stressful pace here.

If you're from Aberdeen,I can understand why you're living in Sequim. :B:B (OHS '59)

Ditto!!:B
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Aberdeen is the location of my mailbox. Home is wherever I am parked.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
gotsmart wrote:
I wouldn't stay in the Seattle area if someone paid me, and I'm a WA resident. I'm at a park on the Olympic Peninsula, in Sequim. It's living at a slower, less stressful pace here.

If you're from Aberdeen,I can understand why you're living in Sequim. :B:B (OHS '59)
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

muelldawg
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, you have given us some great choices.

We go to Seattle each summer and have stayed at Lake Pleasant as it beautiful, but expensive. The KOA in the Kent area, south of Seattle, is terrible AND EXPENSIVE.

LP is our first choice, but if you stay along time other choices may work better.
Richard & Marilyn
2010 Jayco, Jay Feather, Sport 16.5 feet
2010 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 liter

coastie_family
Explorer
Explorer
Issaquah Village RV Park. It is located on I-90 at exit 17. We are staying here right now. Takes about 15 minutes to get to Seattle.

You will need to make reservations now because that is high season and it gets very full. No charge for pets. Wifi is GREAT and FREE!! Clean bathrooms. No other amenities though.
Tex and Susan Collier
Elsie Mae, Bonnie and Chloe, our mini Cocker Spaniels
2006 Newmar Ventana 3631

Good Sam Elite Member

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
The cost of land is the reason there aren't any RV parks in the city. Nobody would be willing to pay $150 a night! Since we lived in the area for many years, we've never used any of the local CGs, but Lake Pleasant is an attractive place, so reservations may be hard to get. The "pond" is actually an old gravel quarry and I understand it's really deep.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

2cAmerica
Explorer
Explorer
We have not stayed in Seattle area; however have come across a nice application which provides listings. It is titled: RV Parky and is an RV Park directory built by a full time RV'er with the help of the RV community to help fellow RV'ers on the road. Here you can find information. Best in your search.
C2America

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
old idaho guy wrote:
If you have military access, McChord AFB is nice and reasonably priced

i wouldn't call that the Seattle area. maybe if they wanted to be near Tacoma or Olympia.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
If you have military access, McChord AFB is nice and reasonably priced

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Surprisingly, there are really no campgrounds in Seattle. They're all around the outskirts, with the exception of one....If you're an Elk, there's an Elks Lodge in the middle of Seattle with either 6 or 8 large back in spots, big enough for a 40' DP.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

jvann1
Explorer
Explorer
Game Farm Park
I would give this a look! Is just south of Seattle, fairly close to everything and is just not bad for a city park. They do or did restrict parking if you have any guests. Oops, they do not have sewer hookups but an easy to use dump site, guess that is not full hookups!:S
Ford F250
V-10 torqshift, tow command
Komfort trlr
"April" the attack cat!

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the State Fairgrounds in Puyallup and found it very easy to access Seattle as well as Mt. Rainier to the south. Rates are also very inexpensive compared to other options in the area. And as long as there are no functions going on, they park you in every other site so you have plenty of grass covered area around you. The only downside is the hookups are all at the rear of the site.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer Inns and Vasa Park are possibilities as well. Both are fine for visiting the Seattle area, are closer to downtown Seattle than Lake Pleasant, and are close to the bus line.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot