cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update on Ann

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
For all those who gave genuine comments of concern and those who contacted me directly, I thought I would just let you know....

....Ann found a companion. Someone who she has known for years. Both couples have known each other since high school. His wife died not long after Ann lost her husband. They got talking after church and realized that they were both looking for the same thing. A companion no romance for a trip west in a RV. Well, they are looking at units and have planned their trip to suit both. All expenses, duties and expectations have been clearly defined. To hear them talk about this trip, they sound like a couple of kids from the 70's heading west in a volkswagon van painted with daisies.
We are both pleased and relieved, still concerned ss though we were parents letting their teenage daughter head out. They both understand each other and are prepared to deal with whatever arises.

Thanks again for concerns.
22 REPLIES 22

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. I will pass them on. I told Ann a computer is a must for her now and she should join the forum. She said that right now she has so much on her mind she would when she is settled.
I really hopes this works. Ann needs this trip. I think it is so she can have closure. Not that she is dismissing her late hubby but being able to find some peace in her heart and the ability to live. I think it will help both of them since they have had the same loss at the same time. They can relate to each other and I would think be able to respect those moments when they are still grieving and need their own space at the same time however, needing the support of each other.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
IN a year, they'll be married and living happily ever after in the RV, and full-timing. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
What a GREAT solution! I know her safety and happiness were of concern for you but sounds like she has hit on a good answer! Not traveling with a stranger, rules/wants/wishes set down and agreed on so now all they have to do is hit the road!
Thank you for the update, as others said it is sure nice to hear how things work out.
Please keep us informed on their trip. Would love to hear how they are doing and the fun they are having!
Happy Trails to them and you!
Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
I met a woman and two men, in a similar situation on the Spit in Homer Alaska, a couple of years back. She and her husband owned a very nice DP, either a CC or a Beaver, don't remember which, at the time her husband died. The three, it turned out, lived in the same retirement community, in Arizona and had mutual acquaintances. She let her friends know she was looking for a travel companion as she wasn't comfortable operating the DP. So the two guys, separately contacted her and they worked out an arrangement, to travel together and share daily costs of food, fuel, etc. She appeared to be a woman of money and she told me the DP was paid for, so money wasn't a real issue with her. The three kept their homes in the retirement community and 3 or 4 times a year, would travel together, sometimes all three and other times just her and one of the guys. They had toured the NE the previous summer and decided to go to Alaska. In talking with all three, it seemed to work for them. They were people in their 60s I would guess.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Good news. I was hoping she wouldn't fall for an old guy wearing gold chains, owning nothing but Corvette payments.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I never read the original post, so I'm seeing only half a story here. Sounds like everyone is very encouraging (which is a good thing) but I hope both people have an exit plan prior to taking off.

Living in an RV away from family and friends (support network) can create unique challenges. I always tell people that the lifestyle is not all "rainbows and sunshine" like most think it would be. Both people would be prudent to set down some rules to what would happen if one decides that the lifestyle isn't for them.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks for the update. it is always nice to hear 'what happened after' when ya read an original post. the update is great to read.

best of luck to her. hope she finds ton of fun out there!!!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I really enjoyed your original post and this update. Now you have to get Ann to keep you advised regularly by email as their trip gets underway....and then tell us. It would be fun to hear how it all works out. What they buy, where they go, etc.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure sounds like things worked for both of them. I am sure they will have a great trip.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
That's wonderful!!! Wishing them a great, safe trip!! God works in mysterious ways!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad it worked out for everyone. They will have a great trip.
Thanks for sharing.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know Ann, but am happy for her and the new traveling companion. What a wonderful story and happy ending for both. The strongest relationships/marriages are those that began as a friendship.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know anyone involved, but it sure makes you wonder if someone got their prayers answered in spite of what everyone else thought!?! Not flaming, and kudos to everyone for their patience and concerns. Bless them both on their trip of a lifetime.
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!