cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vacuum cleaners

Showme_5vr
Explorer
Explorer
Most of us don't have a central vacuum system in our rigs. What make/model vacuum cleaner do you use? We have a dog. Our Grand Design has vinyl flooring in most of it, the bedroom and slide is carpeted.
Thanks
Steve & Judy 2023 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins HO Crew Cab LWB, 2017 Grand Design Reflections 337RLS
Lifetime Good Sam Member
21 REPLIES 21

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
handheld 120V dirt devil with a regular rotary brush. doesn't take up much space, not a lot of carpet etc. to it works pretty quick.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5er came with a Dyson Cordless rather than central vac system. Seems to work good, plenty of power and the batteries last more than long enough for use in such a small area.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
FYI

Right now you can get 15 percent off a 50.00 purchase of a Shark at sharkclean.com or also ninjakitchen.com .

use promo code tax15 at checkout. Good through 4/21 I think.

No interest in Shark although we do have one in the s&b.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Dirt Devil central vac is worthless. Spring loaded hose is heavy and very hard to pull on. Went to Wal Mart and bought a light weight 8# Bissell vac with a cord for $39.95. It does everything well, is light weight, handle folds for storage, includes accessories and it picks up dirt very well. Best $39.95 we've spent in a long time.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
gar_fanatic wrote:
I used a handheld oreck, the free one they give when you buy their upright on the infomercial. I found it on a garage sale for $10. It was perfect! Small space, had a hose, and was pretty powerful compared to others I'd used. Hope this helps!
X2
If it aint broke fix it till it is

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dick_B wrote:
You probably already searched this Forum for `vacuum cleaner' and read the 50 or so previous posts so I won't suggest it.
๐Ÿ™‚
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Hoover Air 20 Volt Lithium Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum.

Battery powered and the charger uses almost no AC wattage.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Small Hoover with fold down handle and powerful motor. Fits in our closet nicely for storage.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Shark Rocket...and the wife chose the Professional and loves it. Works much better and easier to use than the Dirt Devil central vav.

We have 2 cockers and always alot of shedding going on plus wintering
in S. AZ for 5 months in all the dust you vacuum alot.

Here it is at Walmart where we bought it.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dyson Pet. It stores in our bedroom closet and it is a really good vacuum cleaner. They are expensive though.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Dyson DC65 battery powered. Over priced but it does a great job. Enough battery time to do the whole bus. Lots of folks like their Sharks.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You probably already searched this Forum for `vacuum cleaner' and read the 50 or so previous posts so I won't suggest it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Shark Rocket Complete. Small, powerful, awesome design, well priced.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Shark wife swears by them. Upright with lots of configurations.

I had to read that twice. I thought you called your wife a shark.:D
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member