cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Wireless Customers

Mainevacationer
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I learned that Verizon is lowering the price of their DATA plans. So I went to the store today and they lowered my bill by $10 for the same level of service. Then the salesman checked my account and said that because both of my phones are "month to month" and not on a "2 year contract" we were entitled to a $15 reduction per phone per month. So I am now saving $40 per month.

Long and short, if you have a Verizon Data plan, you may want to go to a store and see about reducing your monthly bill.

Good luck.
Elinor and Pat
2015 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CCK
26 REPLIES 26

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:

I'm not sure about how the books I get from the library affect my data, but I don't download them, just read them.
What's the difference? The data still needs to get to your screen one way or the other. Books on Kindle are typically very, very small because they are easily compressed.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

Gsturner
Explorer
Explorer
I did that the second month and I still went over. then last month I barely used them and we still went over. the only thing left to do is not use them. what`s funny is I checked fri. night and I had just under half a Gig left. all of a sudden I get a text that said I was over. everyone was home and the Data usage on Verizons site showed nothing was used on all of our devices. seems data just disappears. I`ve read similar complaints of the same issues.

So, it's not my imagination :(. I have had a wifi hotspot from Sprint forever, and AT&T for several years (no cable or other internet at home, so mifi are my only source at home or on the road). In Congress AZ this time last year, finding no signal on either, followed advice of fellow campers and picked up a Verizon hotspot in Wickenburg. Works well--signal still frequently trumps the other two, including at home. However--data at times just seems to disappear--turn on the laptop, check data, and 5G become 4G left for the month. Hmmm... :h
SKP 115048
2016 Winnebago View 24M
2015 Harley Heritage Softail as toad
Retired:
2007 Titan LE with the Big Tow Package
2010 Rockwood 8315BSS
2008 Suzuki GZ 250-Response to 3/4 Life Crisis :C

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have Facebook, make sure to turn off auto play of videos in your settings, otherwise, you are using lots of data unnecessarily.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kittykath wrote:
Great. We just switched to Verizon 3 weeks ago and all 10G worth of data is gone. I figured there would be a learning curve with brand spanking new cool phones. Instead of going over, I signed up for the $5 Family Base plan so I can put limits on usage. My bill has doubled from T-Mobile so what's another $5? But at least I have service.

Yep. I turned off everything that draws big data on cellular. Make sure your phones aren't updating when on cellular! I just found out too that my daughter wasn't getting much if any WiFi signal in her bedroom. Her phone would switch over to cellular when she was in her bedroom. So I was probably losing a couple of gigs there! Either way when I was with ATT I never went over.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MrWizard
bird dog
ebooks are very small, many are only 200k~300k
you can get three or four books in 1mb of data
large Novels might be a MB or Two
1gb can hold hundreds of books
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great. We just switched to Verizon 3 weeks ago and all 10G worth of data is gone. I figured there would be a learning curve with brand spanking new cool phones. Instead of going over, I signed up for the $5 Family Base plan so I can put limits on usage. My bill has doubled from T-Mobile so what's another $5? But at least I have service.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Just happened to remember another thing and that's some of the games, candy crush, words with friends, etc and also Face book that keep running in the background and still use data while you're not using them. There was an article on MSN awhile ago about the videos that people post on facebook that use a ton of data and you have to make sure that you turn them off.
I'm not sure about how the books I get from the library affect my data, but I don't download them, just read them.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Same type thing happened to me. Didn't take long for me to find out how to shut off "cloud Backups"!!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
How nice! Verizon is steeling my Data! We switched to Verizon back in Oct. and every month since we have been over! I turned off all Apps associated with Cellular data. And we still go over. Previously we had ATT and never went over.

As soon as our contract is done I'll be going back to ATT.

It may not be your case but this happened to us. We were in WA State a few years back for my son's wedding. Took hundreds of pictures with our iphones. Latter that year, we were camping at Rainbow Springs SP. While there, we use our JetPack hotspot 10GB. About the second day, my wife wanted to use the Macbook to pay some bills and left the Macbook on by mistake. The next morning we had a data warning from Verizon stating we only had 2 GB left for the month. Needless to say, all those pictures transferred to photostream and downloaded on my Macbook. From now on, I use a fixed base data plan at home to download anything on the Macbook and keep it turned off when not in use.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigdog wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
How nice! Verizon is steeling my Data! We switched to Verizon back in Oct. and every month since we have been over! I turned off all Apps associated with Cellular data. And we still go over. Previously we had ATT and never went over.

I would check your phones and tablets. We changed over to Samsung Galaxy 5's and Tab 2's and our data usage went thru the roof. Checked the phone settings and for some reason, they would switch from Wi-Fi to data. I still check them all the time and we're still ok. I did take them into a non-corporate store to have them checked and still do business with that store instead of the very, very slow corporate store we have here because their customer service, and attitude, is SO much better.

I did that the second month and I still went over. then last month I barely used them and we still went over. the only thing left to do is not use them. what`s funny is I checked fri. night and I had just under half a Gig left. all of a sudden I get a text that said I was over. everyone was home and the Data usage on Verizons site showed nothing was used on all of our devices. seems data just disappears. I`ve read similar complaints of the same issues.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

I would check your phones and tablets. We changed over to Samsung Galaxy 5's and Tab 2's and our data usage went thru the roof. Checked the phone settings and for some reason, they would switch from Wi-Fi to data. I still check them all the time and we're still ok. I did take them into a non-corporate store to have them checked and still do business with that store instead of the very, very slow corporate store we have here because their customer service, and attitude, is SO much better.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
tll wrote:
Also, as someone mentioned earlier the data rolls over. I am already starting to accumulate a good balance that I am certain to use while camping this summer.

Data only rolls over for 1 month. Your left over data from your Feb bill cycle will be available in March. If you use all your data allowance in March - the rolled over data from Feb will be available to be used.

If you do not used all your data allowance in March - the Feb data rollover disappears after your March bill cycle.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
When I replaced my phone three months ago, I went into the Verizon store and said (very nicely) "I need more data, but I am not going to pay any more", they doubled my data plan.

That's because Verizon recently doubled the data for every single new customer, and any old customer that asked. I increased my data and my bill was lowered with their new pricing scheme. Used to pay for 2gb. Now their 3gb plan is cheaper than their old 2gb plan.

They often run "double your data" promotions that save even more.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info! I just updated my plan and saved about $35 per month floor the same thing.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star