cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you forget home on your last trip?

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
I'm leaving for 2 months next weekend. RV is all prepared and things we don't use day to day are inside.

I am now making my list of other things and checking it twice and then some more.

Apart from clothing and sport items there are a few cooking items we need to transfer when we leave. Also need to put as much of my tools as I can fit in a storage bin in the truck.

What are the things that you forgot? Chances are we all forget the same things.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30
48 REPLIES 48

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a week at Lake George, New York. One of the main things we intended to do was visit Montreal because LG is so close to the Canadian border. Well, I forgot to take our passports so we lost out on that trip. I also forgot my magnifying glass to read the extremely small print on certain road maps. I forgot my road atlas which I always take so I had to buy a new one. I forgot to take lighter fluid for grilling. I forgot my sunglasses which I left in my golf bag. Other than these little errors I did a great job.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Managed to forget my shades on 2 consecutive trips. (I can't just grab some at a 7-11, because I wear glasses & need clip-ons.) Liz did some dusk and dawn driving on those trips...before heading home from the second, I found a second pair of clip-ons & left them in the bus.

We forgot to grab the stereo adapter from my truck last time...spent $6 on one at a truck stop.

First trip this year was to a gaming convention; I had half a dozen things I wanted signed, I put them in a box, I put the box next to the front door. And went out the side door. ๐Ÿ˜ž

About one trip in two, we forget the case of bottled water & get one enroute.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
DW forgot the keys, once.

Luckily, I had a spare set.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Toilet paper....

I cant even begin to tell you how many times I washed my hands that weekend.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Butter. I can't store it in the camper and I always forget it. Thanks' for reminding me!! I'm going camping this weekend and I'm starting to cool down the fridge today. I'm going out to my camper right now to put some butter in there.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
What did we forget? Nothing because all our RV's are kept packed and ready to go except for perishable foods and some clothes for the type of trip we're going on. Dry foods don't spoil nor do canned goods etc and after every trip, we unpack the dirty clothes and stuff, and repack the food staples and then the clothes when clean the next day. No hurry up an pack just before going and hope you have everything as it's already in there just begging to go again.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We forgot our crackers for our cheese to go with our wine. Thank goodness for Safeway. Problem corrected and the rest of our two month trip was good.:)
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Last time? A camera. Cell phone pics suck.

Forgotten a lot of stuff over the years. The most serious was probably when we were still tent campers, and forgot the sleeping bags. Was expensive to purchase a pair suitable for that alpine area.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
Hey tmoore2. why not just plug a lamp into the plug?
Paul & Margie

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
We have lists... lots of lists...

We put the CAN'T FORGET stuff like glasses, sunglasses (both prescription) and meds on the top of the lists. Then we put TRY NOT TO FORGET stuff like camera, binoculars, dog food next. NOT AS IMPORTANT BUT NICE TO HAVE stuff goes on the bottom. That way the important things don't get lost on long lists.

MTHome
Explorer
Explorer
First RV trip ever this week. So stuff wasn't so much forgotten as overlooked. Flyswatter, ice pick, sewage hose standy-thingy, flea collars for the dogs, small table for outside.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Binoculars.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Mother in law.

Oh wait - that was on purpose.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

ron64gc
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe no one has ever forgotten their wallet........Not that it has ever happened to me....