cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you forget home on your last trip?

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
I'm leaving for 2 months next weekend. RV is all prepared and things we don't use day to day are inside.

I am now making my list of other things and checking it twice and then some more.

Apart from clothing and sport items there are a few cooking items we need to transfer when we leave. Also need to put as much of my tools as I can fit in a storage bin in the truck.

What are the things that you forgot? Chances are we all forget the same things.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30
48 REPLIES 48

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Spare keys for the truck and/or camper.
Usually, not needed, but...
While camping at Lake Louisa State Park, FL, I locked my truck and trailer keys in our cargo trailer. The trailer has a ramp door, so I was able to drive the pins out of the latches' pivot points to fold the door down. I made a heck of a racket pounding a framing hammer against whatever tool that I destroyed driving the pins out. None of the passing pedestrian traffic said a word. I don't know why. I was laughing the whole time. It took about 8-10 minutes of pounding to get in the trailer and another 4-5 to put the pins back. I'm glad one of the truck's doors was unlocked so I didn't need to tuck my tail and ask someone to borrow tools.
Now, a magnetic hide-a-key resides under the trailer, shutting the barn door after the horse got out, proper.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Generally don't forget much. The RV is my camping kit. One time forgot the worst thing to forget...meds. Had to go home to get them but fortunately a very local trip. Anything other than prescription meds isn't much of an issue to replace or ignore.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
One trip we forgot the top fly to the tent and detergent. We bought a tarp for the tent and borrowed detergent. Lots of people have asked us for matches so it is apparently something easily forgotten.
I guess it was not borrowed as borrowing is replacing what you asked for and we did not replace the detergent.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
bukhrn wrote:
Sandia Man wrote:
Our rig is stocked with all of it's own goodies like a second home. All that we ever worry about is leaving behind medications, most everything else can be readily purchased on the road.
I was told that by a friend who had an RV long before I got one, "put one of everything that you use often in your house, in the RV" so that's basically what we did.

Yep, we don't need to pack for a trip! We have a record of making the decision Friday AM I got out of working at 2:15 PM stopped by the house to pickup Wife Dogs, tote of perishable food from the house refrigerator, change out the hitch in the TV from GN ball to 5er. Four miles from work to house, four miles from house to storage yard. loaded refer, and started, hooked up and was leaving the yard at 3:30 PM!

Yep we have two of a lot, but being on the road one hour and fifteen minutes from leaving work is priceless.

Yes we even have two Q100 BBQ's.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot the charger for my camera batteries. No biggy, just put in a couple "AA"'s.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago, we were tent camping with two pre-school children. It was 80 degrees when we left home, but by the time we'd gone 100 miles east to the campground, the highs for the day were 60 and damp. My wife packed 3 pairs of jeans for me for the week. Problem was, two of them were hers and I only had one pair that I could fit in. K-Mart to the rescue.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
OOPS
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sandia Man wrote:
Our rig is stocked with all of it's own goodies like a second home. All that we ever worry about is leaving behind medications, most everything else can be readily purchased on the road.
I was told that by a friend who had an RV long before I got one, "put one of everything that you use often in your house, in the RV" so that's basically what we did.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
All kinds of stuff but we always have enough other stuff to get by.
pawatt

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
When we left North Carolina after selling the house in February, we left for Florida for a few months before coming North again. After shipping our goods and having a friend car sit my Wifes wheels till we come thru NC again, we thought everything was taken care of. Everything we could ever need was packed in the truck and trailer. Including two kittys and a dog. Weather was terrible with rain, snow, freezing rain when we did bug out. Sun came out in South Carolina and I was feeling much better. Then I asked my DW to please hand me the GPS so I could plot our trip to Florida.............ooooopps, sorry honey I left it in my car. Now we have two GPS's!
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky

DonCon
Explorer
Explorer
We left the satellite box at home. No tv for 4 days. :S

rainy029
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't a camping trip but years ago we left for the beach after work on a Friday night. 3 hrs away from home my husband realized he still had his work boots on. Had to build a pair of sneakers at the beach.
1992 25ft Chataeu
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot my meds once, but CVS had some for me, and I forgot the TT registration had run out and the new one was on my desk. I didn't go back and I didn't get stopped. We only have to take stuff out of our fridge and put it in the TT and we're ready to go, but there is always something you can forget. Don't worry you'll make do.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot the DW. :S
After a few weeks I realized something wasn't quite right so me and the dog gave her a call. Sure enough. It was the wife. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

She said "Wow! I was wondering where the dog was". :W
๐Ÿ™‚

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
When going on a long trip I'd think the difficult to replace items would be at the top of my list: extra eyeglasses/prescriptions; medications / prescriptions; extra copies of insurance, vehicle registration, driver's license, just in case. Contact info of next of kin.

Every thing else can be picked up along the route.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter