cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you use and where did you get it

NY_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
how do you keep your plates, cups and glasses in place, what do you use and where did you get it?
33 REPLIES 33

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
For our plates and bowls, they just get stacked.

For our various tumblers and tall cups, we found drawer separators/organizers at The Container Store. You break them to length and they interlock.

Without them, our cabinet became a calamity each time we traveled. With them, they're neat and tidy.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Heavy_Metal_Doc
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
We just stuff anything soft -- pillows, towels, etc. in the cabinets and take them out when we setup.

Bruce

same here

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
NY_travelers wrote:
Thanks all

Will put in place some matting and check into Corelle dishware ASAP.. Some of my draws and cabinets open, I like doing about 75/80 on the highways. Will add either magnets or extra clips on doors and draws

I use the small bungee cords and wrap them thru the cabinet hardware that has dishes, etc that I don't want to open.

Also there are lots of "pretty" dishes out there in Melamine and plastic but they are not microwaveable and the Corelle is. Sometimes you can buy the corelle dishes individually so that you don't get pieces you don't need. For instance I would never use the cups. I also just found a set with just plates, serving bowls and cereal bowls (4 each) which is exactly what I need.

Lots of ideas and good info on the forum. Keep on posting and you'll get lots of help and ideas.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Shocks.

X2!

Many say they don't make a difference, I will strongly disagree with those!
We hit a road buckle on the coast Highway, that was like a speed bump, the beer and soda in our rear kitchen refer wipped out the door shelves.

We had new Bilstien shocks on the TV, non on the 5er, we did fine, 5er really bounced.
Before our next trip, 5er got a full set of shocks! Difference of night and day!

As stated earlier we carry lots of glassware, Corelle, but also thin edge wine glasses, no packing material, just thoughtful stacking.

We are looking at full time traveling after retirement, I could not live eating off plastic or paper!:S
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
NY_travelers wrote:
how do you keep your plates, cups and glasses in place, what do you use and where did you get it?

Corelle table settings because they are lightweight, microwaveable, and won't break. Turvis glasses/tumblers of different sizes because they are lightweight, won't break, and guaranteed for life.

Keep all dishes, cups, glasses, and tumblers arranged in a cabinet so that while going down the road they are pretty much side-by-side and can't fall over or move around.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought plastic boating dinnerware from West Marine. The dishes use a rubber non-slip ring on each piece - doesn't slide around or rattle when stacked. It's amazing how many RV useful items, from dishes to plumbing, that can be found in a Marine Supply store.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We only carry a setting for 4 people and they are made of plastic. Plastic is generally lighter. We put them in a drawer in our coach. The only thing that doesn't go in the drawer are regular glasses. We have plates, bowls and coffee cups (all plastic) in there. Cups are plastic also, but kept elsewhere...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
We use the shelf liner between Corelle pieces and in the cookware. We put the wine glasses and coffee/tea mugs into old socks. We haven't done anything special with the flatware or the knife drawer - they've always been pretty quiet, but if we start to notice any noise, I'll put dish cloths or something else soft in there. We keep the pantry shelves tightly packed, moving things together as we use up what's in there.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I also purchased shelf lining from Walmart. I cut it into squares and put is between the dishes that are stacked up on each other. I have one stack of flat plates - large and small - and a stack of bowls. It works great. No rattles and no chipping.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

NY_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Also we try to leave less of a foot print so we are trying to change how much paper and plastic, especially plastic, we use which means a limited basis for us.

NY_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all

Will put in place some matting and check into Corelle dishware ASAP.. Some of my draws and cabinets open, I like doing about 75/80 on the highways. Will add either magnets or extra clips on doors and draws

chigrl
Explorer
Explorer
I put my glasses in a paper carton from beer bottle and the larger glasses in carry out containers from fast food restaurants. The glasses never fall over or break

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Not ashamed to use paper plates. It's all about being simple when we camp and less chores. If cooking a steak or something we do use Corelle to eat off as it's easier to cut on. We lay down the rubber mat and make sure the cabinet is full to stop stuff from shifting. Not too many issues aft all these years.

Now when someone forgets to secure the fridge before traveling .... :S:E

It can take some time to clean up. :B

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
I use the rubber mat on the bottom of shelves, but have found that packing tightly keeps everything in place. I use rolls of paper towels in between everything to keep it tight and always have lots of paper towels. STack of plates then a roll of paper towels, glasses then a roll of paper towels, bowls, paper towel, etc.