cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV HELPS

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am wanting to start a thread showing pictures of ideas that have made RV life easier for me.
But first I am trying to show a picture of my RV to make sure that I can attach a picture

Well some how I only got a Square with an X in it the first try.

Found out the problem, it was a computer setting problem, so now I can see the picture too. In the future want to add pictures with comments on things that have made RVing easier for me.

I would encourage other members to add there ideas and pictures.

HERE is first idea. You will notice a shut off valve on the end of the hose, and this is how I use it. Connect hose to park faucet with shut of valve "off". Turn on water then open shut off valve to let air out of line then turn off. Connect valve to RV and turn on, no more air in lines. To disconnect shut faucet and shut off valve off. disconnect from RV, then open shut off valve to let pressure off, and no more shower all over you.

Second idea. The first time you unhook your 5th wheel get a clothes pin, a piece of line and a weight. Clip to pin box and adjust line so that weight just touches ground. When you are ready to hook up adjust trailer height so that weight just touches ground, and no more guessing about height of pin box to hitch.

Third Idea. I put a bent alum bar on the front of the hitch plate about 3 inches from the plate. Then put a piece of tape in the center of rear window. Look in the rear view mirror and line up the tape, the bent bar, and the hitch pin when backing. 99% of the time you will right on.(White rectangle in window is tape on the inside)
Dr Quick
5 REPLIES 5

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
RE: First Help, the Shutoff - OFF any time you'll be away from the RV for any period of time. Off at the Source (campground city water bib) is better, but Off at Coach is better than returning to Coach and seeing water cascading down from inside. THAT has happened to us, and we never proved conclusively what the source was. Bathtub overflowed after overfilling the gray tank, but the tub valves were tight Off. Better safe....
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Dr Quick wrote:
I am wanting to start a thread showing pictures of ideas that have made RV life easier for me.

Rather than post images directly here on the forums I'd suggest you simply create a SIG that shows up at the bottom of your posts and which contains a link to your photo album. Title it with something like "My Mods" and anyone who is interested can simply click on that link to view what you've done while those who aren't don't have to scroll through an endless series of pics that don't really interest them.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are getting the box with the X, click on MY FORUMS at the top of this page. Then click on MY PREFERENCES in the menu line. Scroll down and be sure this box is checked "Show images that are part of posts ( not recommended for dial-up users )"
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
I'm seeing a Nice looking Puma!

Me too!

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer