cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19.5's for Ram SRW

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been looking at the 5k rated 19.5 x 7.5 Rickson steel wheels. Like the fact they offer them with the OEM Ram factory offset. Are there other manufactures we should consider? Might consider an aluminum wheel, but we can't seem to find any 19.5's with an OEM Ram factory offset.
14 REPLIES 14

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Visions for about 6 years now. Pretty happy with them. Be careful though about the TPMS's. I had to upgrade my high pressure valves since I went with commercial Michelins (16 ply, 120 psi, load H).
I paid $35 Cdn for each valve and they probably work fine, except my 2011 F350 diesel does no recognize them, at all. Will not train period so they are useless. I have no TPMS at all, so have to keep even a closer eye on things.
Oh, that comment on the very helpful and knowledgeable lady working for
Rickson,.....could not possibly agree more. Too bad they went under but I am sure she will make out just fine somewhere.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Those wheels have a zero offset for trailer axle bearings.
Plus most trailer wheels are lug centered (carries all the weight) with the center hole for clearance.
Automotive wheels like our LDTs are mostly hub centered which get the weight off the lugs which is a very big deal if the truck is used in service carrying max loads 365 days a year.
Then proper back spacing for the truck needs to be addressed.

Having whipped out more than a couple sets of rear bearing on LTDs in my hauling business that left my trucks/trailers/loads setting on the side of the road I'm now anal about using OEM offset and back spacing numbers for that vehicle.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boar wheel

This one is over 6K weight rating per rim and priced under $300 each including lugs & center cap. It says they are trailer rims, so I don't know if they would work on a truck.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Method 305 NV HD

If you can't find a `19 that will work, I haven't found a `18 with greater capacity than these.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
What size wheel are you running now?

What are your scale weights?

What is your motivation fore going to 19.5’s?
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
^Yup. Only kicker is those big # LT tires are only in “bigger” sizes.
Basically 34”-35" tires. Which is cool unless you have an older truck and are trying to keep your final drive ratio lower with smaller diameter tires or have a 2wd truck.
In those cases, 225 or 245 size 19.5s are the best load capacity in the smallest diameter available.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimh425 wrote:
Depending on how much capacity you are hoping to add, also consider the 4080 rated 18 tires with appropriate wheels.

This. Times have changed.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I see Rickson website is up.

Anyways I sent you a PM otrfun. I have a set that is surplus to needs.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Appreciate everybody's input!

So, Rickson's gone out of business, eh?! Guess that explains why their phones don't work--lol!

Bedlam, thanks for the American Forces link. Very nice! They're pricey, but if they offer the right offset it's a possibility.

I guess if all else fails, may have to go with the Visions.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
American Force makes one 19.5 model with a ridiculous rating capacity of 6600lbs for a little over $500 a pop.
Other than that I think you're stuck with Visions if going for brand new wheels. They really are reasonably priced and there's at least a few styles to choose from.

Otherwise, used sets pop up pretty frequently around here anyways. Keep an eye out on craigslist for a set.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bedlam
American Force also makes 19.5" rims for 8-lug trucks. They are nicer looking and higher rated than Vision, but also more expensive.

https://www.americanforcewheels.com/american-force-wheels/5792/195%2Ddirect%2Dbolt%2Don/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on how much capacity you are hoping to add, also consider the 4080 rated 18 tires with appropriate wheels.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
Been looking at the 5k rated 19.5 x 7.5 Rickson steel wheels. Like the fact they offer them with the OEM Ram factory offset. Are there other manufactures we should consider? Might consider an aluminum wheel, but we can't seem to find any 19.5's with an OEM Ram factory offset.

I liked the idea of having the correct offset and the 5K wheel rating. Like others I ordered a set from them but in my case never got them.

So 1-2 months after the 90 day lead time I gave up and ordered a set of Vision rims (showed up within a week of ordering). While they are ONLY rated for 4500lbs they are more than enough for my use.

Rickson does have a real knowledgeable and nice sales lady that works out of her home in a different state then the factory.

- Mark0

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Last I heard Rickson was out of Business. Even if they aren't good luck getting a set out of them in under 9 months if you are lucky. Vision Heavy Haulers are a 2-4 day lead time
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags